You have just won the lottery. You will receive $1,000,000 today, and then receive 40 payments of $500,000. These payments will start one year from now and will be paid every six months. A representative from Greenleaf Investments has offered to purchase all the payments from you for $10 million. If the appropriate interest rate is 8.9% APR compounded daily, should you take the offer. Assume there are 12 months in a year, each with 30 days.
11. What is the effective six-month interest for 8.9% APR compounded daily?
12. What is the PV of 40 payments of 500,000 at the time of today?
13. What is the PV of all the payments from the lottery winning at the time of today?
14. Financial markets are usually classified by the type and maturity of the financial assets traded. The two main classifications are as follows:
A. Bond market and money market
B. Money market and capital market
C. Bond market and foreign-exchange market
D. Commodity market and capital market
15. Which of the following is an example of an agency cost?
A. A company always buys the latest computer equipment for its employees
B. Senior management receives stock options enabling them to buy company stock at an exercise price well above the current stock price
C. Managers can use the company float plane to fly to their cottages on weekends
D. Sales reps are provided with company cars to use when visiting clients
20. Joe has just borrowed $1,000 from his grandmother in order to make a down payment on a car. This borrowing transaction is an example of:
A. Indirect intermediation
B. Direct intermediation
C. External intermediation
D. Market transaction
Part 2 Practice Problems (10 marks)
1. Consider 2 bonds, A and B. The coupon rates are 10% and the face values are $1,000 for both bonds. Both bonds have annual coupons. Bond A has 15 years to maturity while bond B has 25 years to maturity. (6 marks)
a) What are the prices of the two bonds if the relevant market interest rate for both bonds is 11%?
b) What are the prices of the two bonds if the relevant market interest rate increases to 12.9%?
c) What are the prices of the two bonds if the relevant market interest rate decreases to 7.6%?
2. Southern Ontario Publishing Company is trying to decide whether to revise its popular textbook, Introduction to Corporate Finance. The company has estimated that the revision will cost $50,000. Cash flows from increased sales will be $12,000 the first year. Theses cash flows will increase by 6% per year. The book will go out of print five years from now. Assume that the initial cost is paid now and revenues are received at the end of each year. If the company requires an 11% return for such an investment, should it undertake the revision? (4 marks)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.