1. Which one of the following nutrients is not a source of energy for the body?
2. How many cotyledons would be found in a flowering plant with nine petals on each flower and long leaves with parallel leaf veins?
3. During development, an embryo is embedded in the
4. In the context of vision, the blind spot is
A. a nontransparent area on the lens.
B. an area of the retina where rods and cones are concentrated.
C. an area of the retina where there are no rods or cones.
D. a nontransparent areas on the cornea.
5. In plants, what type of tissue is responsible for transporting water and nutrients?
6. In vitro fertilization takes place in
A. the vagina.
B. a laboratory.
C. a surrogate mother.
D. the uterus.
7. In plants, the purpose of auxins is to
A. bring about apical dominance.
B. regulate abscission.
C. produce phytochrome.
D. cause plant dormancy.
8. Which one of the following statements is true regarding voluntary and involuntary responses?
A. Involuntary responses may include the spinal cord and not the brain.
B. Involuntary responses are part of the autonomic system.
C. Voluntary responses originate in the sensory receptors.
D. Voluntary responses control the activity of glands.
9. During transpiration, water exits the leaf via the
10. Annual rings in woody stems are caused by an increase in rings of the
A. secondary xylem.
B. primary phloem.
C. primary xylem.
D. secondary phloem.
11. Which one of the following components makes up the largest portion of plasma?
12. Allergies are caused by which of the following?
A. Strong toxins in the environment
B. Reactions to antigens
C. Autoimmune diseases
D. Ingesting IgA in breast milk
13. Which series best illustrates the pathway of blood flow in a closed circulatory system?
A. Heart, veins, arteries, capillaries
B. Heart, veins, capillaries, arteries
C. Heart, arteries, veins, capillaries
D. Heart, arteries, capillaries, veins
14. Which one of the following events occurs first in a nerve impulse?
A. Potassium ions move to the outside of a neuron.
B. Sodium ions move to the inside of a neuron.
C. Potassium ions move to the inside of a neuron.
D. Sodium ions move to the outside of a neuron.
15. The chamber of the heart that receives blood from the pulmonary veins is the
A. right ventricle.
B. right atrium.
C. left ventricle.
D. left atrium.
16. Which one of the following statements accurately describes a characteristic of red blood cells?
A. They lack hemoglobin.
B. They’re convex disks with a large nucleus.
C. They’re agents of inflammation.
D. They transport oxygen to all the cells of the body.
17. During plant development, one function of the cotyledon of a eudicot is to
A. serve as a seed leaf to carry on photosynthesis.
B. protect the embryo as it develops inside a seed.
C. supply food to the developing embryo.
D. become the seed coat.
18. Jenna says that an example of homeostasis is when body temperature is maintained at about 37° C. Allen says homeostasis is when breathing rate increases along with exercise. Who is correct?
A. Both are correct.
B. Neither is correct.
C. Only Jenna is correct.
D. Only Allen is correct.
19. What happens when the lungs recoil?
A. Inspiration occurs.
B. Ribs and diaphragm muscles contract.
C. Internal respiration occurs.
D. Expiration occurs.
20. Cells with similar structures and functions work together to form
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.