1) Which of the following is the best measure of profit maximization goal?
A. risk of the investment
B. timing of the returns
C. retained earnings
D. earnings per share
2) The tax liability of a corporation with ordinary income of $105,000 is? ________.
Range of taxable income Marginal rate
$ 0 to $ 50,000 ?15%
50,000 to 75,000 25
75,000 to 100,000 34
100,000 to 335,000 39
335,000 to 10,000,000 34
10,000,000 to 15,000,000 35
3) The Sarbanesminus Oxley Act of 2002 resulted in? ________.
A. delayed disclosure of stock sales by corporate executives
B. toughened penalties against overcompensated executives
C. tightened audit regulations and controls
D. lenient penalties against executives who commit corporate fraud
4)Which of the following is an example of a firm’s stakeholder?
C. Federal reserve
5) As the risk of a stock investment increases, investors’ ________.
A. return will increase
B. return will decrease
D. required rate of return will decrease
A. lower the cost of equity financing for corporations
B. encourage corporations to invest in each other
C. eliminate most of the potential tax liability from the dividends received by the second and any subsequent corporations
D. avoid double taxation on dividends
7) Government is typically a ________.
A. net demander of funds because it saves more than it borrows
B. net provider of funds because it borrows more than it saves
C. net provider of funds because it can print money at will
D. net demander of funds because it borrows more than it saves
8) Incentive plans usually tie management compensation to ________.
A. coupon payments
B. share price
C. inventory turnover
9) Which of the following is one of the positive benefits of an effective ethics program?
A. reduce potential litigation and judgment costs
B. making sure violations are penalized, while at the same time not subjecting the employee to publicity
C. gain the loyalty, commitment, and respect of the firm’s competitors
D. maintain and build competitor confidence
10) Corporate owners receive return? ________.
A. by realizing gains through increases in share price and cash dividends
B. through interest earnings and earnings per share
C. through capital appreciation and retained earnings
D. by realizing gains through increases in share price and interest earnings
11) Recently, some branches of Donut Shop, Inc., have dropped the practice of allowing employees to accept tips. Customers who once said, “Keep the change,” now have to get used to waiting for their nickels. Management even instituted a policy of requiring that the change be thrown out if a customer drives off without it. As a frequent customer who gets coffee and doughnuts for the office, you notice that the lines are longer and that more mistakes are being made in your order. Explain why tips could be viewed as similar to stock options and why the delays and incorrect orders could represent a case of agency costs. If tips are gone forever, how could Donut Shop reduce these agency costs?
· Agency costs – incurred by stockholders to ensure against dishonest acts and to give incentives to management
· Banning tips reduced performance
· Profit sharing plan
· Unnecessary backlash
12) The key variables in the owner wealth maximization process are ________.
A. risk free rate and share price
B. market risk premium and risk
C. cash flows and risk
D. total assets and risk
13) Which of the following is true of sole proprietorships and corporations?
14) A major weakness of a partnership is ________.
A. the double taxation of income
B. the difficulty in maintaining owners’ control
C. its high organizational costs
D. the difficulty in liquidating or transferring ownership
A. $ 70,000 of capital gain
B. $ 70,000 of ordinary income
C.$ 30,000 of ordinary income
D. $100,000 of ordinary income
16) The conflict between the goals of a firm’s owners and the goals of its non owner managers is ________.
A. the agency problem
B. the window dressing
C. serious only when profits decline
17) Which of the following legal forms of organization is most expensive to organize?
A. limited partnership
B. sole proprietorships
18) The ________ has/have the ultimate responsibility in guiding corporate affairs and carrying out policies.
C. board of directors
D. chief financial officer
19) Investment banks are institutions that ________.
A. are exempted from Securities and Exchange Commission regulations
B. are only limited to capital market activities
C. perform all activities of commercial banks and retail banks
D. engage in trading and market making activities
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.