1. Which of the following events would make it more likely that a company would choose to call its outstanding callable bonds?
a. A reduction in market interest rates.
b. The company’s bonds are downgraded.
c. An increase in the call premium.
d. Answers a and b are correct.
e. Answers a, b, and c are correct.
2. Which of the following statements is most correct?
a. All else equal, if a bond’s yield to maturity increases, its price will fall.
b. b. All else equal, if a bond’s yield to maturity increases, its current yield will fall.
c. c. If a bond’s yield to maturity exceeds the coupon rate, the bond will sell at a premium over par.
d. All of the answers above are correct.
e. None of the answers above is correct.
3. Assume that you wish to purchase a 20-year bond that has a maturity value of $1,000 and makes semiannual interest payments of $40. If you require a 10 percent nominal yield to maturity on this investment, what is the maximum price you should be willing to pay for the bond?
4. Consider a $1,000 par value bond with a 7 percent annual coupon. The bond pays interest annually. There are 9 years remaining until maturity. What is the current yield on the bond assuming that the required return on the bond is 10 percent?
5. A corporate bond with a $1,000 face value pays a $50 coupon every six months. The bond will mature in ten years, and has a nominal yield to maturity of 9 percent. What is the price of the bond?
6. The current market price of Smith Corporation’s 10 percent, 10 year bonds is $1,297.58. A 10 percent coupon interest rate is paid semiannually, and the par value is equal to $1,000. What is the YTM (stated on a nominal, or annual, basis) if the bonds mature 10 years from today?
7. Which of the following has the greatest price risk?
a. A 10-year, $1,000 face value, 10percent coupon bond with semiannual interest payments.
b. A 10-year, $1,000 face value, 10percent coupon bond with annual interest payments.
c. A 10-year, $1,000 face value, zero coupon bond.
d. A 10-year $100 annuity.
e. All of the above have the same price risk since they all mature in 10 years.
8. You just purchased a 10-year corporate bond that has an annual coupon of 10 percent. The bond sells at a premium above par. Which of the following statements is most correct?
a. The bond’s yield to maturity is less than 10 percent.
b. The bond’s current yield is greater than 10 percent.
c. If the bond’s yield to maturity stays constant, the bond’s price will be the same one year from now.
d. Statements a and c are correct.
e. None of the answers above is correct.
9. JRJ Corporation recently issued 10-year bonds at a price of $1,000. These bonds pay $60 in interest each six months. Their price has remained stable since they were issued, i.e., they still sell for $1,000. Due to additional financing needs, the firm wishes to issue new bonds that would have maturity of 10 years, a par value of $1,000, and pay $40 in interest every six months. If both bonds have the same yield, how many new bonds must JRJ issue to raise $2,000,000 cash?
10.Assume that a 15-year, $1,000 face value bond pays interest of$37.50 every 3 months. If you require a nominal annual rate of return of 12 percent, with quarterly compounding, how much should you be willing to pay for this bond? (Hint: The PVIFA and PVIF for 3 percent, 60 periods are 27.6748 and 0.1697, respectively.)
11. Your client has been offered a 5-year, $1,000par value bond with a 10 percent coupon. Interest on this bond is paid quarterly. If your client is to earn a nominal rate of return of 12 percent, compounded quarterly, how much should she pay for the bond?
12. A $1,000 par value bond sells for $1,216. It matures in 20 years, has a 14 percent coupon, pays interest semiannually, and can be called in 5 years at a price of $1,100.What is the bond’s YTM and YTC?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.