Unit VII Assignment: Making the Grade
In this assignment, you will be asked to calculate several statistics for a particular data set.
Instructions: Imagine that you are a high school teacher. You just calculated each student’s final course grade but want to know how the class did overall. To determine this, follow the instructions in the box below to create your data set. Next, use the data set to answer questions 1–6. Save all of your work to this template and submit it in Blackboard for grading.
Create your data set:Follow the directions to retrieve the final course grades for your high school class.
· Go to https://www.random.org/integers/
· Type in the number 20 in the first box. The sentence should read, “Generate 20 random integers.”
· Type in 70 and 95 in the second and third boxes. The sentence should read, “Each integer should have a value between 70 and 95.”
· Leave the fourth box as is. This will output your results in 5 columns.
· Select “Get Numbers”. You should have 20 values between 70 and 95 in your data set.
1. Type all 20 numbers that you found in the step above into the table below. These numbers represent the grades of each student in your class. Enter the grades in any order.
2. Create a stem-and-leaf display and answer parts (a) and (b) below. Use the table to type in your answers. Separate your leaves with a space.
|a. What is the lowest grade in the class?|
|b. What is the highest grade in the class?|
3. What value occurs the most?
|The mode is:|
4. Compute the median. Write your answer as a decimal. Do not round your answer.
Use the stem-and-leaf display in question 2 to list the grades from lowest to highest.
If there are two middle grades, add those grades together and divide by 2. Replace the “?” in the formula with the appropriate values.
|The median is:|
5. Compute the mean. Round to the nearest whole number.
To find the mean, add all the grades together, and divide by the total number of grades. A template is provided below. Complete the template by substituting in the appropriate values.
|The mean rounded to the nearest whole number is:|
6. Your school receives a ranking depending on the overall average of all students in the school. Suppose the school wants an overall average of 90%. The following data represent the averages of 8 other classrooms. What grade would the 9th classroom need in order for the average among all classes to be at least a 90%?
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4||Class 5||Class 6||Class 7||YOUR CLASS||Class 9|
The formula for solving this question is below. Replace the words, “Your Class Average,” with the answer you found in question 5 and solve for X. Show each step of your work.
First, add all the numbers in the numerator together:
Next, multiply both sides of the equation by 9:
Isolate the x and write the final answer:
|The 9th class must have an average of:|
7. Is the average found above possible to obtain? Why, or why not?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.