MPHY 502 Diagnostic Imaging Physics Part I
X-Ray Production, X-Ray Tubes and X-Ray Generators
1. Name 4 basic components of X-Ray Production
2. Name 3 stages of X-Ray Production
3. What is the function of the Cathode
4. Electrons fly from where to where in an x-ray tube?
5. What is the inherent filtration of an x-ray tube?
6. Name 5 levels of electron interaction energies
7. Describe Characteristic X-Ray generation
8. What does “W” stand for?
9. What are the K-Shell binding energies of:
10. What are the K-Shell characteristic energies of common tube targets
11. What are is differences between the K-Shell binding energy of Tungsten and the K-Shell Characteristic of Tungsten. Explain.
12. What are three components of and x-ray generator?
13. What charge is on the anode?
14. What is Thermionic Emission?
15. What is a focusing cup used for?
16. How can “Grid Bias Voltage” Stop electron flow?
17. What is space charge limited tube current and how is it different from emission limited?
18. Why is heat bad for an anode?
19. Name two types of Anode Configurations
20. What are the functions of the Rotor and the Stator in a rotating anode?
21. What is the anode target range in diagnostic imaging? How does this effect the spot size? Show your mathematical calculations to support your claims.
22. Define SID
23. What is Heal Effect and how can it be used to an advantage?
24. Describe how the focal spot size changes within the imaging Field.
25. Focal spot nominal size of 0.8mm, is it okay if measured it is 0.7mm (better resolution)?
26. What are the technique factors to be used when measuring the fs?
27. How many line pair/mm is a spot size of 0.6mm?
28. What is off focal radiation and what is one way to abate this?
29. What is special about a mammography x-ray tube insert?
30. What is the maximum allowed X-ray housing leakage rate?
31. What is the technique that is used when testing for housing leakage?
32. What are collimator used for?
33. What is the tolerance of collimator blades in terms of SID?
34. What is a collimator light used for and how does it work?
35. How does pulsed Fluoroscopy use grid bias?
36. What are deflections coils used for in CT?
37. What is a flying focus?
38. Name 6 ways to prolong x-ray tube life.
39. Why would one intentionally insert added aluminum to an x-ray beam?
40. If a transformer has a primary voltage of 20 and the number of primary turns is 10, secondary turns are 100 what is the secondary voltage?
41. Name three types of transformers
42. What is an isolation transformer used for?
43. What can be done to a full wave rectifier circuit to smooth out the “ripples”?
44. What is the benefit of a high frequency rectification?
45. How can one achieve less than 2% ripple?
46. What side of a “step-up” transformer does one place the switch?
47. What is a timer used for in and x-ray machine?
48. What is ABC?
49. What is AEC?
50. What is a “Photo Timer”
51. What is a Count Down timer used for?
52. How does one arrive at the Power Rating of an x-ray tube?
53. What considerations are used when deterring what type of x-ray tube to use?
54. How many MHU are 5.7MJ (Show your math)?
55. Explain how Quality, Quantity and Exposure are influenced by Anode tube material, Tube Voltage, Tube Current, Generator wave form and beam filtration.
56. What is the difference between Skin Exposure and Transmitted exposure when increasing the tube voltage by 20%?
57. Is beam exposure proportional to tube current? When does your answer apply?
58. Per 21 CFR 1020.30, How much beam filtration is required at 150kV?
59. Traversing 10cm of tissue 60 kV, tube current of 3.8 mAs and no filtration skin entrance dose is 264 microGy, with 0.2mm Cu + 1mm Pb tube current of 8.8mAs Skin entrance dose is 123 microGy. Output image equivalent signal remains the same. Why?
61. Extra Credit: label the un-labeled peak in slide number 9 of Lecture 4
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.