Lab 3- Albedo Worksheet
Albedo Lab – Investigation Sheet Driving Question: What effect does albedo have on surface temperature? Albedo Laboratory Hypothesis Predict which paper envelope, white or black, will heat up faster. Which envelope will reach the highest temperature the fastest, thus having lower albedo? Include a reason for your prediction. Think about different surface temperatures in the summer.
RANK ALEBEDO MOVE OUT OF LIGHT
Albedo Data Collection Table (record in Celsius)
BEFORE (Record before
paper is moved into
the sun light)
2 min. 4 min. 6 min.
8 min. (Take out of
light after recording this measurement)
Heat Increase (8 min. – Before)
Reduction (8 min. –
Black – White –
Lab 4- Albedo Worksheet
1. Transfer the Albedo Data Collection Table into MS Excel. Only include the title row and white and black paper rows and only the 6 data record columns (do not include Heat Increase or Heat Reduction Calculation columns).
2. Using the data from your experiment, make a graph to visualize your data. Be sure to give the graph a Title, x and y axis titles. If you are unfamiliar with how charts work in Excel select this hyperlink.
Albedo Lab Analysis
3. Which color envelope reached a higher maximum temperature? Why do you think this occurred? Think about reflection and absorption.
4. What did you notice about the rate of heat loss after the light was turned off? How did the heat gained over the first 8 minutes compare to the amount of heat reduction during the last 2 minutes? Did color appear to affect the rate of heat reduction?
5. Which color envelope would have a higher albedo? Why?
6. Which color envelope would have a lower albedo? Why?
7. Think about different types of surfaces on the Earth such as ice, oceans, forests,
and large cities.
a. What surfaces are best represented by the white paper? b. What surfaces are best represented by the black paper? c. Which surfaces absorb more solar radiation? d. Which surfaces reflect more solar radiation? e. How does the color of the Earth’s surface affect air, land, and sea
8. Open Google Earth Pro and the Global_Albedo_15_01.kmz and the Global_Albedo_15_07.kmz files. Make sure both layers are on.
a. Look at Europe in the northern hemisphere and turn the July Layer off and on while leaving the January layer on. Which layer has a higher albedo over Europe? Why? What is on the surface that is causing albedo in Europe?
b. Look at South America. Turn the July layer off and on, while leaving the January layer on. Which layer has a higher albedo in South America? Why? What is the on surface that is causing albedo in South America?https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/create-a-chart-from-start-to-finish-0baf399e-dd61-4e18-8a73-b3fd5d5680c2?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb
Lab 4- Albedo Worksheet
c. Look at Northern Africa, just at the Tropic of Cancer. Turn the July Layer
on and off, while leaving the January layer on. Which layer has more albedo over Northern Africa? Why? What is on the surface of Northern Africa?
d. Why is there no data shown for albedo over the oceans? Do the oceans
absorb or reflect radiation?
9. Drawing conclusions. Compose a well-written paragraph that addresses the investigative question: What effect does albedo have on surface temperature? Support your conclusion with evidence (data) from the albedo experiment. Remember to reference your figures by name.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.