Whether you like it or not, teaching will involve math; more specifically, statistics. Understanding how to analyze the data from test results will not only support learning, but inform your practice. Additionally, it will help you to provide clear feedback to both learners and stakeholders, if applicable. For this assignment, you use hypothetical test results from the summative assessment you created in Week 3 to help you learn how to analyze the testing data and know what to do with it.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
· Read Chapters 6: Summative Assessment
· Read Chapter 9: Statistics for Educational Assessments
· Research for at least one scholarly source (Links to an external site.) that will support your analysis within your paper.
· See the Week 4 Data, Data Everywhere Assignment Template to guide your writing.
· Access the Week 4 Data Chart and Bar Graphs for test results and incorrect answer choices.
· Watch or read the following resources:
Consider how data can help drive your instruction and better support learner needs.
Complete the following:
· Determine the mean, median, and mode for the summative test results data only.
· Discuss the following making reference to the course text:
o Examine the Week 4 Data Chart and Bar Graphs related to summative assessment results.
§ What does the data tell you about how learners performed on the summative assessment? Explain. Refer to both the bar graph about test results and incorrect answer choices.
o Discuss how you would use this information to inform your instruction. Be specific.
§ For example, consider the incorrect answer choices data and link it to your summative assessment. For the questions that learners received the most incorrect answers, how might you reteach the concept and differentiate for those who already mastered it using flexible grouping? How might you give feedback to your learners based on the test results?
o Describe how the mean, median, and mode different? Similar?
§ Describe different situations in which each of the mean, the mode, or the median would be the most appropriate measure of central tendency, and relate it to your test results data. Which measure of central tendency would be most appropriate for your test results and why? How might you use this data when sharing results with the learners or parents of the learners?
o Describe the importance of understanding statistics in the education profession.
§ How might it improve your practice and support learning? Use evidence from the readings to support your response.
Writing and Formatting Expectations
Your Data, Data Everywhere! assignment
· Must two to three double-spaced pages in length including the graphs, computation of mean, median, and mode, and the reflection (does not include the title or reference page).
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper. For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources
· Must use proper syntax and mechanics. Your writing should display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
· Must include at least one scholarly source found in the Ashford University Library in addition to the course text (Lefrançois). Exemplary assignments will include at least one more source in addition to the required scholarly source and the course text. Refer to Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) for assistance
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.) for specifications.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.