Overview As we have learned though our readings and discussions in this course, Lean is used to improve operations and processes in services, manufacturing, healthcare, government and other sectors of the economy. A core tool in Lean is Value Stream Mapping. This tool helps us to visualize complex work systems (including material and information flows) so we can better address disconnects, redundancies, and gaps in how work gets done between the beginning and end of a process.
• The primary type of value stream is one in which a product or service is requested by (and delivered to) an external customer. Examples include: request to receipt, order to delivery, and quote to cash.
• Other value streams support the delivery of value, called value-enabling or support value streams. Examples include recruiting, onboarding, IT support, and annual budgeting. Since it is nearly always a mistake to initiate changes without have a clear picture of how the system is currently functioning, we are beginning our Course Project with the creation and analysis of a Value Stream Map.
For the Assignment, select a value stream in your organization that can benefit from analysis and improvement. As noted previously, the value stream (or end-to-end process) selected does not need to be overly large or complex. Select something which has the potential for meaningful improvement, but which is manageable within the scope of this assignment.
1) Develop a current state Value Stream Map of your selected value stream. Show the customer demand rate (or Takt), information flow, work flow, and summary timeline on the map.
2) Document key metrics for each process block:
• Process time (PT)
• Lead time (LT)
• Percent Complete and Accurate (%C&A)
• Include any other appropriate metrics, such as number of operators, changeover time or setup time, batch size, and % uptime.
3) Calculate the current state summary metrics:
• Total lead time (Total LT)
• Total process time (Total PT)
• Activity Ratio (AR)
• Rolled Percent Complete and Accurate (Rolled %C&A)
4) Describe the current state of the value stream and highlight any performance deficiencies and challenges, such as delays, excessive WIP, bottlenecks, capacity and workload imbalances, rework, poor quality yields, long lead times, and other operational issues.
Your work may be submitted in either Word or PowerPoint.
Since you will need to include a diagram to map the value stream for #1, you should select whatever software you are most comfortable working with. Value stream process maps can easily be created in PowerPoint, but are more difficult to execute well in Word. You should consider using https://www.draw.io/ which is a free web-based tool for drawing flowcharts. Instructions for use are posted in the Course Documents section in Blackboard. You may also use other software such as Visio if you prefer, but this is not necessary. Note: If you do use a different mapping software and experience difficulties uploading it into Blackboard, convert your map to a PDF or JPG and paste it into Word or PPT before submitting.
#2, the information for each process block should be on the value stream map. For #3, it can be on the map or in tabular form. Show how the summary metrics are calculated. Keep your written answers brief and to the point. Accuracy is what matters. This should take no more than one page. There are no additional points for overly elaborate responses.
For #4, a thorough response should take no more than one page. NOTE: The Value Stream we will be evaluating/utilizing is Teller Interaction/Transaction process.
NOTE: The Value Stream we will be evaluating/utilizing is Teller Interaction/Transaction process
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.