1. The way Cowley uses the phrase “my own country” is an example of
2. Which one of the following words is an iamb?
3. During the Romantic period, poets placed an emphasis on
4. Study the following lines:
If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
These lines are an example of a/an
5. “Foam brightens like the dogwood now” is an example of
C. a simile.
D. a metaphor.
6. “Let Me Not to the Marriage of True Minds” is an example of which type of poem?
7. Which of these lines contains a metaphor?
A. You are like a sun to me.
B. She offered him a hundred-watt smile.
C. Now is your final hour.
D. Like unto death was her countenance.
8. The line “A tree whose hungry mouth is prest” is an example of iambic
9. The final two lines of Shakespeare’s “Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer’s Day?” promises the subject of his sonnet
A. an endless summer.
C. unfading youth.
D. undying devotion.
10. What is the most probable reason that rhyme and repetition first found their ways into poems?
A. The poems were easier to remember and pass on.
B. They were written for the upper class.
C. People wanted a beat they could dance to.
D. Heroes in epics tended to talk that way.
11. Notable poets have attempted to define poetry. Among these efforts, the idea that poetry is an ancient technology came from
A. Maya Angelou.
B. Robert Frost.
C. Robert Pinsky.
D. Billy Collins.
12. The line “I wandered lonely as a cloud” is an example of
A. a metaphor.
B. a simile.
D. a couplet.
13. The repeated use of the “o” sound in “A host, of golden daffodils” is called
14. Which one of the poems you’ve read has the rhyme scheme AA BB CC . . . ?
A. “The Long Voyage”
B. “I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud”
D. “Let Me Not to the Marriage of True Minds”
15. In “Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer’s Day?” Shakespeare claims that the object of his sonnet will be immortal because
A. he’ll always love her.
B. she’ll live on in his poem.
C. she’s like the summer’s day.
D. she’s for all seasons.
16. Which one of the following sentences is an example of a metaphor?
A. She eats like a bird.
B. I’m as hungry as a wolf.
C. I am a rock.
D. The breeze blew the branches back and forth.
17. The phrase “mid-May” is an example of
18. The rhyme scheme of Shakespeare’ s sonnets is
A. ABBA CDDC EFFE GG.
B. ABCD ABCD ABCD GG.
C. ABAB CDCD EFEF GG.
D. AABB CCDD EEFF GG.
19. Which line best illustrates alliteration?
A. Cluck and pluck gave Hattie luck
B. And sings a solitary song
C. Precision slices narrow corridors of contentment
D. Thus Henry wrested gain from despair
20. Which one of the poems you’ve read uses the words floats, fluttering, and dancing?
A. “I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud”
B. “Let Me Not to the Marriage of True Minds”
C. “The Long Voyage”
D. “Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer’s Day?”
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.