Task 2) – Inherent Risk and Materiality
Part a – Perform the following tasks and document them in the ABC Risk and Material Memo Template Word document.
· Preliminary Inherent Risk Assessment – Review the description of ABC Appliances, Inc. and identify four entity-level inherent risks based on the information provided. I have listed one potential inherent risk area as an example and you need to add four more to the list. Inherent risks can flow from client’s business risks, the nature of its governance structure, and its strategic plans. However, you need to be clear about how your risks create an increased risk of material misstatement in the financial statements and not just how they might create risks of lower operating or business performance for the firm.
Thus, for each inherent risk, describe the feature of the firm you believe affects inherent risk and explain how and why. By “how,” I mean whether it increases or decreases inherent risk. Make sure your “how” addresses a specific risk to the accuracy of the financial statements and whether audit effort should be increased or decreased for specific accounts or related groups of accounts if possible.
Limit your inherent risk analysis to the following sections of the case:
· Description of Firm and Market Conditions
· The Control Environment (only identify issues related to inherent risk)
Part b. covers risks identified using analytical procedures based on the financial data. You will be asked to identify transaction process risks associated with sales and purchases in another task.
· 1. Preliminary Analytical Procedures – Review ABC Appliance’s financial statements, ratios, and industrial data presented at the end of this document. Identify four accounts that you believe need additional audit scrutiny and explain why. I have included one example – and you will need to add four more to the list. Copies of ABC’s audited 2014 and unaudited 2015 financial statements are included after these requirements. Some common ratios for ABC and their industry are also included.
· 2. Preliminary Materiality Judgments– Set two preliminary materiality dollar amounts for the ABC audit – one for the balance sheet and one for the income statement. Document how you calculated your materiality amounts and explain why you chose the approach you did. There are many sources of materiality level judgments for audits in websites on the internet. You can select the approach that you like – remember that you need to explain the approach that would be best for ABC. Remember that the materiality level sets the level for transactions that an auditor will look at; below that level the auditor may not look at the transaction unless there is a high risk for that particular type of transaction.
Completed ABC Inherent Risk and Materiality Memo Template file containing the results of your inherent risk assessments, preliminary analytical review, and materiality level determination.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.