In these last few units, you have learned many skills designed to build rapport and help clients share their stories. For this assignment, you will have an opportunity to view a counseling video and identify basic interviewing skills used in the session. This information is beneficial for your professional understanding of how elements in your interviews (such as choice of words, expressions, and tone) convey different messages to your clients.
Please begin by watching the video below (approximately 45 minutes):
[Creative Caption & Video]. (2014, September 24). Carl Rogers and Gloria – Counselling 1965 Full Session –
CAPTIONED [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee1bU4XuUyg
Then, using the Unit 5 Assignment Template, please answer the following questions about your observations in the video:
• Identify what the letters “SOLER” stand for as demonstrated by Carl Rogers in the video.
• Provide one example of an “open-ended question” used in the session.
• Provide one example when Carl “validated” Gloria.
• Provide one example when Carl responded to Gloria with a “reflection of feeling.”
• Provide one example when Carl responded to Gloria with a “reflection of content.”
• Describe a time in the video when Carl used “silence” to allow Gloria more time to reflect on her own feelings.
• Based upon the readings, identify three ways that Carl demonstrated he was using nonverbal cues and “clinically listening” to Gloria.
• What are two “verbal prompts” (supportive sounds) Carl used to help Gloria expand her story?
In at least five sentences each, please respond to each of the following:
• Reflect on how the use of specific interviewing skills helped Gloria explore and elaborate her concerns and go from a surface level concern of “telling Pammy” to deeper concerns such as the “relationship with her father.”
• Identify how the use of interviewing skills will be helpful in your role as a human service provider to build strong client relationships.
• Identify an appropriate professional image, including describing tone, body language, and appearance when working with clients. Explain the importance of these characteristics in your role as a human service professional.
Your assignment should address all questions in complete sentences and paragraphs, reflecting appropriate personal and professional insights. The assignment must be written in Standard English and demonstrate superior organization, including a highly developed viewpoint and purpose that is clearly established and sustained. The communication of your thoughts must be highly ordered, logical, and unified, displaying exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics (including the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
This assignment assesses the following Course Outcomes:
HN205: Identify interviewing skills utilized by human service professionals.
PC-3.4: Project a professional image, such as appearance, confidence, and attitude, for a given work environment.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.