Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 14 of the course textbook, read the articles The Commercialization and Digitization of Social Movement Society SEE ATTACH File. How to Build a Successful Movement in 4 StepsLinks to an external site. https://ideas.ted.com/how-to-build-a-successful-movement-in-4-steps/, Social Movements for GoodLinks to an external site. https://www.leaderstories.org/leadernotes-blog/build-social-movements, and watch the video Non-violence and Peace MovementsLinks to an external site. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP-mv5IjFzY&feature=youtu.be.
Applying concepts is a great way to get a sense of what working within the discipline of public sociology would be like. In this course, you have learned about the theoretical foundation of sociological practice by gaining an understanding of the sociological perspective, how to use the sociological imagination, as well as how to gather the information needed in order to influence social change. By learning about the tools of applied sociology, you have learned what aspects to consider when seeking to create social change. Now it is time to practice putting those tools to work. Your final assignment is an academic research paper which plans out the development of a social movement of your choice, which you will provide leadership for. The purpose of this assignment is to ensure that you know how to view society through a sociological lens, recognize societal needs, perform research to support your ideas through evidence, as well as highlight possible solutions, and enact the “6 Steps of Social Movement Success” as discussed in Chapter 14 of the course textbook. Also, through your research you will highlight the key social groups affected by the social need you have chosen: indicating aspects of culture and belief systems, identity, social class, and any external issues which may influence causality, such as the effects of public policy, social systems, discriminatory practices, and even global effects such as climate change. The key focus is to synthesize your advanced knowledge of social theory, research, and social problems to create a social action.
For this Final Paper, complete the following elements:
· Introduction (about 2 pages): present the following information to provide the context of your social movement:
· Explain social movements, the various types, and why they exist;
· Describe how sociological theory can explain how social movements work;
· Examine the purpose of social movements and social advocates for social change in society.
· Body (about 5 pages): present the following information to provide the process and potential experience of your social movement:
· Apply the “Six Steps of Social Movement Success”
1. Justify your reasons for wanting to be an advocate for social change by identifying a social issue that you are interested in supporting through your social movement. Support your choice with research evidence as to why it is a social issue that needs to be addressed in society;
2. Identify your constituents to form a group, specifically presenting the unique identity or cultural affiliation groups represented, as well as external constituents who may support and further your cause;
3. Interpret if there is a challenge to forming a group. Is there a potential for marginalized members by identity or cross-cultural issues, etc.
4. Create a strategy of social action for your social movement. What actions will you take, with whom, and where will you apply them? Support your choices with research evidence of what has worked for other social movements.
5. Compile a list of resources you have to support your social movement. Specifically consider who holds the power to enact change for your social movement. How will you mobilize your resources and connect with those in power?
6. Organize your social action, by pulling these steps together and launching your social movement. Present how you will lead, influence and inspire.
· Conclusion (about 3 pages): present the following information for your conclusion regarding your efforts to lead a social movement:
· Briefly summarize your social issue, the steps taken to support your social movement and your conclusions of potential success through gaining power or influencing those with power, as well as reflection upon areas that could experience failure;
· Supports the impact of the social movement by determining if it benefitted a social group, a social issue, social policy, theoretical knowledge, or all of these.
· Describe your personal, academic, and potential professional development in researching the social issue and considering the process for creating social change.
The Final Paper
· Must be 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing CenterLinks to an external site.’s APA StyleLinks to an external site.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.