1. In the ISO/IEC 27002 framework, _________________ describes the use and controls related to encryption.
1. Network infrastructure includes devices upon which an application resides, such as application and database servers. All other non-application networked devices may fall under the definition of platforms.
1. If information is modified by any means other than the intentional actions of an authorized user or business process, it could have disastrous results for a business. This underscores the importance of availability controls, which prevents the inadvertent or malicious modification of information. For example, if a product-testing firm that spends many hours testing the optimal settings for a piece of safety equipment used in factories undergoes a power surge that alters the data stored in the testing database, the company might use the incorrect data to recommend equipment settings and jeopardize the safety of factory workers.
1. ___________________ addresses how specific a policy is with respect to resources.
1. Security standards provide guidance for achieving specific security policies, are frequently related to particular technologies or products, are used as benchmarks for audit purposes, and are drawn from industry best practices, experience, business drivers, and internal testing.
1. It is important to create an IT security program structure that aligns with program and organizational goals and describes the operating and risk environment. Which of the following is one of the important issues for the structure of the information security program?
Human resources security
Management and coordination of security-related resources
1. Integrity broadly means limiting disclosure of information to authorized individuals. For example, if the principle of integrity is applied to e-mail, then you might have an objective of ensuring that all sensitive information be protected against eavesdropping. And then to implement this objective you would require that all e-mails containing sensitive information be encrypted, and then ensure that only authorized individuals have access to the decryption key.
1. In the third line of defense, the auditor serves as an advisor to the first and second lines of defense in matters concerning risk. The third line must preserve his or her independence but also offer input on risk direction and strategies.
1. As the people responsible for ensuring data quality within the business unit, data stewards are the owners of the data.
1. Of the different risks that can occur in an IT security framework, events that transpire outside an organization’s domain of control and impact IT operations fall under the category of operational risks.
1. There are many IT security policy frameworks that can often be combined to draw upon each of their strengths. Which of the following is not one of the frameworks?
COSO for financial controls and enterprise risk management structure
COBIT for IT controls, governance, and risk management
ITIL for IT services management
GRC for IT operations, governance, risk management, and compliance
1. Of the six specific business risks, the ___________________ risk results from negative publicity regarding an organization’s practices. Litigation and a decline in revenue are possible outcomes of this type of risk.
1. In the organizational structure, the vendor management team is responsible for managing security concerns involving third parties and vendors. This team conducts an assessment on a vendor before data leaves the organization and is processed by a third party. The concept of separation of duties is often put in place to ensure that data is verified before it leaves the organization.
1. _____________________ denotes the use of human interactions to gain any kind of desired access. Most often, this term involves exploiting personal relationships by manipulating an individual into granting access to something a person should not have access to.
tone at the top
1. Policies and standards are a collection of concrete definitions that describe acceptable and unacceptable human behavior. The questions related to_______________ are more appropriate for procedures or guidelines than policies or standards, which require detail that is more at the level of________________.
where, when and how; what and why
where and when; what, who and why
where, when, and how; what, who, and why
1. Among the parties who should be given the chance to become a second or third layer of review is the legal department, which should be called upon for insight into the policy development process. They can offer counsel on current legislation that requires certain types of information to be protected in specific ways.
1. It is human nature to resist working hard unless there is a material outcome to be gained, so the concept of organizational culture is used to identify shared beliefs that employees have regarding financial success.
1. The ultimate goal of the review and approval processes is to gain senior executive approval of the policy or standard by the chief information security officer (CISO). In order to gain this approval, the CISO requires all parties to sign off on the document. Which of the following is not among the suggested list of people who should be given the chance to become a second or third layer of review?
audit and compliance
1. Of the principles that can be used to derive control requirements and help make implementation decisions, which principle functions as a deterrent control and helps to ensure that people understand they are solely responsible for actions they take while using organization resources?
1. When changes or maintenance need to be performed, it is helpful to use information that describes changes to the organization; these changes often occur when there are common problems concerning compliance.
1. Awareness programs are separated into two parts: awareness and approval. The purpose of awareness is to provide employees a better understanding of security risks. The goal of approval is to gain the buy-in of all employees on the effectiveness of the program after they have demonstrated awareness.
1. One of the well-documented reasons for why projects fail is insufficient support from leadership. This occurs when value is only derived from policies when they are enforced. An organization must have the will and process to reward adherence.
1. In order to convince an organization to adopt security policies, it is necessary for a manager to have some proficiency in ________________, which refers to certain social personality traits such as the ability to communicate and project optimism.
tone at the top
1. One should focus on measuring risk to the business as opposed to implementation of policies and control when tying policy adherence to performance measurement.
1. It is advised to always have discretion with leaders. Explain in general terms what information security policies can and cannot achieve. It is equally important to be conservative in your estimates regarding the impact on the business; otherwise you risk losing credibility.
1. It is important for an organization to determine how it wants to manage ____________________, which means how to group various tasks, and____________________, which relates to the number of layers and number of direct reports found in an organization.
division of labor, span of control
span of control, division of labor
separation of duties, flat organizational structure
division of labor, separation of duties
1. One of the basic measurements for assessing whether or not individuals are being held accountable for adherence to security policies is the reported number of security violations by employees. You should investigate any unexplained increases in reported violations to determine why an abnormal number is occurring.
1. For leaders, implementing security policies is all about working through others to gain their support and adhere to the policies. Of the widely accepted leadership rules that apply to security policies, which of the following is not among these rules?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.