1. If an ANOVA test is conducted and the null hypothesis is rejected, what does thisindicate?
· The population means areequal.
· All population means aredifferent.
· The p-value is less thana.
· At least one pair of population means isdifferent.
2. Bones Brothers & Associates prepare individual tax returns. Over prior years,Bones Brothers has maintained careful records regarding the time to prepare areturn. The mean time to prepare a return is 90 minutes and the standarddeviation of this distribution is 14 minutes. Suppose 100 returns from thisyear are selected and analyzed regarding the preparation time. What assumptiondo you need to make about the shape of the population distribution of allpossible tax preparation times to make inferences about the mean time tocomplete a tax form?
· The populationdistribution is skewed to the left.
· The populationdistribution is normal.
· The shape of the population distribution does not matter.
· The population distribution is skewed to theright.
3. Themanager of Paul’s fruit and vegetable store is considering the purchase of anew seedless watermelon from a wholesale distributor. Since this seedlesswatermelon costs $4, will sell for $7, and is highly perishable, he onlyexpects to sell between six and nine of them. What is the opportunity loss forpurchasing nine watermelons when the demand is for seven watermelons?
4 Theweekly incomes of a large group of executives are normally distributed with amean of $2,000 and a standard deviation of $100. What is the z-score for anincome of $2,100?
Whichof the following is most appropriately displayed with a frequency table?
· What percentage of peopleprefer Hunt’s brand ketchup
· The home location of themost valuable customers
· The relationship betweengender and job performance
· How much explanatory value comes from thestudy’s variables
As thesize of the sample increases, what happens to the shape of the distribution ofsample means?
· It approaches a normaldistribution
· It is negatively skewed
· It is positively skewed
· It cannot be predicted in advance
Anexperimental study is one that _____.
· attempts to capture apopulation’s characteristics by making inferences from a sample’scharacteristics and testing resulting hypotheses
· attempts to reveal why orhow one variable produces changes in another
· involves manipulation ofone or more variables to determine the effect on another variable
· discovers answers to the questions who,what, when, where, or how much
A largedepartment store examined a sample of the 18 credit card sales and recorded theamounts charged for each of three types of credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, andDiscover. Six MasterCard sales, seven Visa, and five Discover sales wererecorded. The store used an ANOVA to test if the mean sales for each creditcard were equal. What are the degrees of freedom for the F statistic?
· 6 in the numerator, 15 inthe denominator
· 18 in the numerator, 3 inthe denominator
· 3 in the numerator, 18 inthe denominator
· 2 in the numerator, 15 in the denominator
Kroger,a grocery store chain, wants to identify the ideal store layout for increasingstore sales. Because it primarily uses two store designs, one a grid layoutwith vertical aisles divided by a center aisle and another using a traditionalstraight-aisle pattern, Kroger will match pairs of stores that have differentdesigns but similar shopper demographics and location. Sales from each pairwill then be compared to determine if store design is related to sales. Whichtype of study is this an example of?
· Case study
· Ex post facto study
· Longitudinal study
· Exploratory study
Aranking scale is a scale that _____.
· groups concepts accordingto specific criteria
· scores an object by makinga comparison and determining order among two or more objects
· scores an object withoutmaking a direct comparison to another object
· groups participants
For anychi-square goodness-of-fit test, the number of degrees of freedom is found by______.
· k -1
· n – k – 1
· n + 1
· n + k
Arandom sample of size 15 is selected from a normal population. The populationstandard deviation is unknown. Assume the null hypothesis indicates atwo-tailed test and the researcher decided to use the 0.10 significance level.For what values of t will the null hypothesis not be rejected?
· To the left of -1.645 orto the right of 1.645
· To the left of -1.282 orto the right of 1.282
· Between -1.761 and 1.761
· To the left of -1.345 or to the right of1.345
Checklistswith several items to be considered by respondents may be subject to_____.
· primacy effets
· leniency effects
· recency effects
· halo effects
14 For achi-square test involving a contingency table, suppose the null hypothesis isrejected. We conclude that the two variables are __________.
· not related
Sam’sClub installed self-checkout stations that can track not only member’spurchases but also packaging problems, as the system uses universal productcodes to match the item the shopper has in their cart with its price andinventory level in the store, generating a spreadsheet style report for theresearcher. If you consider the scanner as the tool for collecting data forSam’s researchers, they are doing data entry by ____.
· Field editing
· Optical CharacterRecognition
· Voice recognition
BankChoiceis concerned about stagnating profits and asks, “How can profitability beimproved?” This is an example of a(n) _____.
· research question
· measurement question
· investigative question
· management question
Alinear trend equation is used to represent time series values when the data arechanging by equal what?
· percents and proportions
In amultiple rating list scale, ____.
· it is possible tovisualize the results better than with other numerical scales
· participants rate multipleitems on a 3-point scale
· the data generated are always ordinal
· the participant is restricted to circlingtheir rating
Inmultiple regression analysis, when the independent variables are highlycorrelated, this situation is called __________________.
Considera regression analysis, where the correlation coefficient is 0.18. Then, thecoefficient of determination is _______.
Whendata is collected using a qualitative, nominal variable, what is true about afrequency distribution that summarizes the data?
· The number of classesisequal to the number of variables plus 2.
· A pie chart can be used tosummarize the data.
· The upper and lower classlimits must be calculated.
· The “5 to the k rule” can be applied.
Whichof the following goals should a good survey instrument accomplish?
· Encourage each participantto provide accurate responses
· Encourage participantstobe succinct in their responses
· Encourage participants toanswer only those questions they are comfortable answering
· Encourage participants to end the surveywhen they feel they have contributed enough information
Whichof the following is a characteristic of the F distribution?
· Positively skewed
· Equal to thet-distribution
· Negatively skewed
· Normally distributed
What isthe interpretation of a 96% confidence level?
· The interval contains 96%of all sample means.
· There’s a 4% chance thatthe given interval does not include the true value of the population parameter.
· There’s a 96% chance thatthe given interval includes the true value of the population parameter.
· Approximately 96 out of 100 such intervalswould include the true value of the population parameter
Themonthly salaries of a sample of 100 employees were rounded to the nearest $10.They ranged from a low of $1,040 to a high of $1,720. If we want to condensethe data into seven classes, what is the most convenient class interval?
Arandom sample of 20 items is selected from a population. When computing aconfidence interval for the population mean, what number of degrees of freedomshould be used to determine the appropriate t-value?
A salesmanager for an advertising agency believes that there is a relationship betweenthe number of contacts that a salesperson makes and the amount of sales dollarsearned. What is the dependent variable?
· number of contacts
· sales managers
· amount of sales dollars
Thequestion, “Should products be withdrawn if even one death is associatedwith its prescribed use, even if no fault for the tampered product accrues tothe manufacturer?” is an example of a(n) _____.
· unresearchable question
· ill-defined problem
· strip data mining issue
· favored-technique problem
A firmoffers routine physical examinations as part of a health service program forits employees. The exams showed that 8% of the employees needed correctiveshoes, 15% needed major dental work, and 3% needed both corrective shoes andmajor dental work. What is the probability that an employee selected at randomwill need either corrective shoes or major dental work?
Amachine is set to fill the small-size packages of M&M candies with 56candies per bag. A sample revealed three bags of 56, two bags of 57, one bag of55, and two bags of 58. To test the hypothesis that the mean candies per bag is56, how many degrees of freedom are there?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.