u02a1 – Central Tendency, Variability, Normal Curve, z Scores, Probability, and Binomial Distribution
Complete the following problems within this Word document (do not submit other files). Show your work for problem sets that require calculations. Ensure that your answer to each problem is clearly visible. (You may want to highlight your answer or use a different font color to set it apart).
Problem Set 2.1: Median
• Criterion: Calculate the median for a set of scores.• Instruction: Calculate the median of the provided data.• Data: Fifty employees were surveyed on their overall job satisfaction on a scale of 1 (not at all satisfied) to 10 (extremely satisfied). The results are tabulated in the table below. What is the median of this data set?
Job Satisfaction Score
(Assessment continues on next page.)
Problem Set 2.2: Mode, Median, Mean, and Skew
• Criterion: Calculate the mode, median, and mean for a set of scores.• Data set: 4, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 4, 5, 1, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1. • Instructions: For the given data set, answer the following: a. What is the mode?b. What is the median?c. What is the mean? d. Are these scores normally distributed, positively skewed, or negatively skewed? e. Do you expect the mean to be higher or lower than the median?
Problem Set 2.3: Range, Variance, and Standard Deviation
• Criterion: Determine the range, variance, and standard deviation of a sample from raw scores.• Data set: A sample of students scored the following:
3, 45, 4, 41, 14, 75, 40, 11, 9, 5, 21, 61, 48, 61, 29, 51, 44, 67, 39, 23, 45, 57, 60, 63, 62.
• Instructions: For the given data set, answer the following: a. What is the range of scores?b. What is the variance in scores?c. What is the standard deviation in scores?
Be sure to show your work.
Problem Set 2.4: Range, Variance, and Standard Deviation in SPSS
• Criterion: Calculate measures of variability in SPSS from a group of raw scores.• Instructions: Complete the following steps: a. Enter the data from Problem Set 2.2 into SPSS using the variable name Data.b. In the Toolbar, click Analyze, select Descriptive Statistics, and then select Descriptives.c. Click Data and then click Arrow to send it over to the right side of the table. Select Options, check the boxes next to Variance and Range, and click Continue.d. Click OK and copy and paste the descriptive statistics table below.e. Highlight the Range, Mean, and Standard Deviation. f. Answer: Does your Mean equal the Mean calculated in problem set 2.2?
(Assessment continues on next page.)
Problem Set 2.5: Area and the Normal Curve
• Criterion: Calculate z scores and find the area under a normal curve.• Data: The mean combined SAT score for a sample ofhigh school seniors is 1500 and the standard deviation is 250. • Instructions: Answer the following:a. What percentage of students scored below 1,000? b. What percentage of students scored above 1,750?
Problem Set 2.6: Mutually Exclusive Outcomes
• Criterion: Determine if events are mutually exclusive.• Instruction: Consider the following events. If the outcomes are mutually exclusive, type yes. If the outcomes are not mutually exclusive, type no.a. Turning right or turning left.b. Studying Spanish or studying Italian.c. Flipping heads on a coin or flipping tails on a coin.d. Drawing an eight from a deck of cards or drawing a king from a deck of cards.e. Riding a bike or wearing a hat.
Problem Set 2.7: Probabilities: Dichotomous Events
• Criterion: Calculate probability for a dichotomous event.• Data: Jane has flipped a coin 10 times, and each time it has landed on heads.• Instruction: Answer the following:o What is the probability that Jane’s eleventh flip will land on heads as well?
Problem Set 2.8: z Calcuations and the Unit Normal Table
• Criterion: Calculate percentages based on z scores and the normal curve.• Data: For homes that sold in the past year, the average number of days on the market (DOM) was 266 days. During this time, DOM was normally distributed with a standard deviation of 12 days. The Carmichaels sold their house in 245 days.• Instruction: Using the Unit Normal Table, answer what percentage of homeowners:a. sold their home at the same point or earlier than the Carmichaels? b. sold their home at a later point than the Carmichaels? c. sold their home between 245 days and the average DOM?
(Assessment continues on next page.)
Problem Set 2.9: Calculating z Scores in SPSS
• Criterion: Calculate z scores using SPSS.• Data: The following is a list of the number of goals scored over a 10-game soccer season:
2, 1, 5, 6, 0, 0, 3, 8, 1, 2.
Instructions: Complete the following steps:
a. Enter the data into SPSS using the variable name Goals.b. In the Toolbar, click Analyze, select Descriptive Statistics, and then select Descriptives.c. Click Goals and then click Arrow to send each over to the right side of the table. Check the box save standardized values as variables.d. Select Options, check the boxes Mean and Standard Deviation, and deselect all other boxes. Click Continue.e. Click OK and copy and paste the descriptive statistics table below.f. Go back to the Data View in SPSS. You will see that the zscores have been added to the file. Paste a screenshot of the Variable View, showing the z scores, into this Word document.g. How many goals are closest to a z score of 0?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.