Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question.
1. Which of the following types of heaters uses a special glass sheet with a metallic backing that serves as a heating element?
A. Vertical discharge unit heater
B. Solar panel-skylight
C. Radiant-glass wall-mounted panel heater
D. Ceiling-mounted cable radiant heater
2. What is the TD for an outdoor design temperature of 20 degrees F and an indoor design temperature of 75 degrees F?
3. Which of the following is not a type of heat loss from a building?
4. A circuit with a resistance of 25 ohms is carrying a current of 2 A. How much heat, in watts, is developed?
5. Using the degree day method, calculate the annual kWh use in Springfield, Illinois, with a heat loss of 12 kW, and an indoor design temperature of 70 degrees F, and assuming 24-hour per day occupancy.
6. What is not a factor that reduces the required number of kWh for heating?
A. Higher lighting levels
B. Greater use of electric equipment
C. Greater number of people occupying building
D. Greater ventilation
7. Heating units that depend upon the natural circulation of air in the space to be heated are called
A. unit ventilators.
B. heat pumps.
C. electric baseboard heaters.
D. hot-water storage heaters.
8. Balance point temperature is the
A. temperature at which point ventilation is not required.
B. temperature at which cooling is required.
C. outside temperature at which point heat loss from the building equals internal heat gain.
D. temperature at which point back-up heat comes on.
9. A very good insulator has an R value of 29. The material’s heat transfer coefficient is.
10. Of the following, what is true of radiant heat?
A. Lower temperature settings can be used with the same comfort level.
B. A normal thermostat can be used.
C. It is no longer considered a safe heating system.
D. It can only be used as a central system.
11. The best place to locate a thermostat is on an
A. outside wall near a window.
B. inside wall near an outside door.
C. inside wall by a baseboard radiator.
D. inside wall in a draft-free area.
12. Which of the following types of heating systems is often installed with a humidistat to improve fresh air exchange?
A. Radiant ceiling cable
B. Panel heaters
C. Hydronic heating system
D. Resistance baseboard
13. The amount of time it takes for one Btu to flow across one square foot of surface when there is a 1 degree F temperature difference from one side of the material to the other is known as
A. the insulating factor.
B. a material’s R-value.
C. thermal capacity.
D. internal heat gain.
14. The edges of the concrete slab in underfloor thermal-storage systems are insulated to
A. block heat from getting into the building.
B. prevent heat loss through soil to the outside.
C. support the weight of the concrete slab.
D. prevent water from entering the building.
15. What is the internal heat gain, in kW, from a factory with 20 kW of lighting (surface-mounted), 10 kW of running motors, and 10 people doing light benchwork?
16. What is a common heating system for school gymnasiums?
A. Unit ventilators
B. Electric baseboard
C. Underfloor thermal storage
D. Ceramic heaters
17. When a low-voltage thermostat with a thermal relay calls for heat, which of the following best describes what happens?
A. Voltage is applied across the relay heater, causing the contacts to close.
B. Voltage is applied across the relay heater, causing the contacts to open.
C. The mercury switch closes.
D. The pilot valve operates.
18. What is the best electric system for a residential building where cost is the primary concern, and air circulation is important?
A. Heat pump
C. Central warm-air furnace
D. Radiant glass panels
19. Which of the following controls can automatically reduce heating levels when the building is unoccupied for long periods of time and heat isn’t needed?
A. Damper control
B. Sensing element
C. Thermostat with a bimetallic element
D. Program clock
20. Which of these choices is the most expensive electric system to operate?
B. Program clock
C. Heat pump
D. Radiant ceiling
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.