1. In the context of roles of a superior team leader, relating refers to
A. exhibiting social and political awareness, caring for team members, and building trust.
B. influencing team members as well as obtaining external support for teams.
C. delegating authority, being flexible regarding team decisions, and coaching.
D. seeking information from managers, peers, and specialists, and investigating problems systematically.
2. _______ are positive consequences that motivate behavior.
A. Behavioral antecedents
3. Aaron, the CEO of a multinational company, has decided to implement certain new corporate processes for increased efficiency and productivity. He wishes to conduct the implementation in a phased manner in all divisions of the company, throughout the world. Also, he wishes to inform every employee of the impending change and ensure that they fully understand its implications. Which of the following is a reason why he should send an email describing the changes and their benefits?
A. It allows information to be shared rapidly with large numbers of stakeholders.
B. It engenders more trust among users than face-to-face communication does.
C. It supports interpretation of subtle nonverbal cues conveyed by a sender.
D. It’s the most appropriate tool to communicate sensitive or private information.
4. Among the roles that superior team leaders perform, _______ involves seeking information from managers, peers, and specialists, and investigating problems systematically.
5. A company shares its financial goals, income statements, budgets, sales, forecasts, and other relevant data about company performance and prospects with all its employees. This company engages in the practice of
A. open-book management.
6. _______ are work groups composed of multinational members whose activities span multiple countries.
A. Focus groups
B. Management teams
C. Parallel teams
D. Transnational teams
7. Swift Corporation is a company where information is available as needed, moving quickly and easily enough that it functions far better as a whole team than as separate parts. Swift Corporation is a _______ organization.
8. Marvin, an employee at UniPal Corp., has recently joined the company and is being trained. However, he isn’t able to communicate well with his trainer, Melissa. As a result, Melissa feels that Marvin doesn’t have the positive attitude or the will to work. She speaks to Marvin about the issue, but feels that he isn’t sincere enough in his statements, since she has already formed opinions about him from his past behavior. In this scenario, Melissa’s _______ doesn’t allow her to interpret Marvin’s statements correctly.
A. locus of control
9. Which of the following questions can be used to identify one’s boss’s level of task performance leadership?
A. Do you think your superior trusts you?
B. Does your superior treat you fairly?
C. Can you talk freely with your superior about your work?
D. To what extent does your superior give you instructions and orders?
10. Clara, a manager at an organization, has a lot of influence over her employees. She is a popular manager. Her subordinates like working with her and want to emulate her. In the context of this scenario, Clara has _______ power.
11. The top management of a company determined that their end-of-year bonuses wouldn’t be given due to low sales. Jane, a department manager, informed her staff that even high-performing employees shouldn’t expect a bonus. Jane’s _______ power was limited by the decision of the top management.
12. Benny, Homer, and Juan were three qualified engineers working in a team at a firm. Though Benny had the most experience, he didn’t always lead the group. Some projects required specialized knowledge that the other two members had, so the leadership role was passed around the group as appropriate. They were using the _______ style of leadership.
13. In _______, the key situational factor is the maturity of the followers.
A. Hersey and Blanchard’s situational theory
B. Tannenbaum and Schmidt’s theory
C. the Vroom model
D. Fiedler’s contingency model
14. Supervisory leadership is behavior that provides
A. projections for the viable future of an organization.
B. a means to anticipate changes in the future.
C. purpose and meaning to an organization.
D. guidance, support, and corrective feedback for day-to-day activities.
15. In a conversation during lunch, Arnold was casually discussing with other managers how they can improve the competition and team spirit within the organization by arranging a soccer match between different departments. Which of the following forms of organizational communication does this scenario exemplify?
A. The grapevine
B. Intrapersonal communication
C. Asynchronous communication
D. A soliloquy
16. In the context of the trait approach to leadership, _______ refers to a set of characteristics that reflect a high level of effort, including high need for achievement, constant striving for improvement, ambition, energy, tenacity, and initiative.
B. leadership motivation
17. Identify a defining characteristic of a traditional work environment.
A. Jobs require broad skills and knowledge.
B. Measured risk-taking is encouraged and supported.
C. Rewards are based primarily on team performance.
D. Managers primarily determine “best methods” related to work processes.
18. Janet, a manager, sends an email warning Kevin, a subordinate, of disciplinary action to be taken if he continues to take long coffee breaks and spend too much time on personal phone calls. However, Kevin didn’t attach too much importance to the email. He felt it was akin to a passing reminder. Which of the following is a reason why Janet should have spoken to Kevin directly and avoided the use of email?
A. Electronic media prevents interpretation of subtle nonverbal cues conveyed by a sender.
B. Electronic media increases time and expenses related to traveling, photocopying, and mailing.
C. Electronic media leaves a permanent record of communication for later reference.
D. Electronic media encourages more people to participate and share their ideas.
19. The _______ is a leadership perspective that focuses on individual leaders and attempts to determine the personal characteristics that great leaders share.
A. situational model
B. relationship-motivated leadership
C. trait approach
D. leadership grid
20. _______ operate separately from the regular work structure of the firm on a temporary basis.
A. Parallel teams
B. Management teams
C. Work teams
D. Focus groups
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.