Kelly Pitney began her consulting business, Kelly Consulting, P.C. on April 1, 2014. The accounting cycle for Kelly Consulting for April, including financial statements, was illustrated on pages 163-173. During May, Kelly Consulting entered into the following transactions:
May 3. Received cash from clients as an advance payment for services to be provided and recorded it as unearned fees, $4500.
May 5. Received cash from clients on account, $2450.
May 9. Paid cash for a newspaper advertisement, $225.
May 13. Paid Office Station Co. for part of the debt incurred on April 5, $640.
May 15. Recorded services provided on account for the period of May 1-15, $9180.
May 16. Paid part-time receptionist for two weeks’ salary including the amount owed on April 30, $750.
May 17. Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned during the period May 1-16, $8360.
Record the following on Page 6 of the journal:
May 20. Purchased supplies on account, $735.
May 21. Recorded services provided on account for the period May 16-20, $4820.
May 25. Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period May 17-23, $7900.
May 27. Received cash from clients on account, $9520
May 28. Paid part-time receptionist for two weeks’ salary, $750.
May 30. Paid telephone bill for May, $260.
May 31. Paid electricity bill for May, $810.
May 31. Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period May 26-31, $3300
May 31. Recorded services provided on account for the remainder of May, $2650.
May 31. Paid dividends $10,500.
1. The chart of accounts for Kelly Consulting is shown on page 164, and the post-closing trial balance as of April 30, 2014, is shown on page 171. For each account in the post-closing trial balance, enter the balance enter the balance in the appropriate Balance column of a four-column account. Date the balances May 1, 2014, and place a check mark in the post reference column. Journalize each of the May transactions in a two- column journal using Kelly Consulting’s chart of accounts. (Do not insert the account numbers in the journal at this time.)
2. Post the journal to a ledger of four-column accounts.
3. Prepare and unadjusted trial balance.
4. At the end of May, the following adjustment data were assembled. Analyze and use these data to complete parts (5) and (6).
a. insurance expired during may is $275.
b. supplies on hand on May 31 are $715
c. Depreciation of office equipment for May is $330.
d. Accrued receptionist salary on May 31 is $325.
e. Rent expired during May is 1,600.
f. Unearned fees on May 31 are $3210.
5. (Optional). Enter the unadjusted trial balance on an end-of-period spreadsheet (worksheet) and complete the spreadsheet
6. Journalize and post the adjusting entries. Record the adjusting entries on page 7 of the journal.
7. Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
8. Prepare an income statement, retained earnings statement, and balance sheet.
9. Prepare and post the closing entries. Record the closing entries on page 8 of the journal (Income summary account is #34 in the chart of accounts). Indicate closed accounts by inserting a line in both the Balance columns opposite the closing entry.
10. Prepare post-closing trial balance.
Check figure: Net Income $33,425
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.