Assignment 1: Ethics and Leadership
Identify an IT leader you would like to interview. If your major is not IT, find a leader in your field. You should contact him/her and schedule an interview time/date. The interview could be over phone or via live chat. The intention of this assignment is to describe leadership skills, ethics, and communication which impact and improve ethical performance.
1. Create five to seven (5-7) questions to ask your chosen leader to determine his/her views of ethical leadership and performance. Then, conduct the interview based on your selected questions. HINT: The following are some examples of questions. Feel free to select them from here. However, I urge you to revise the questions for some ideas of what you would like to know from an experienced leader. a. How would you define leadership? b. As a leader, what do you do when people on your team aren’t pulling their weight? c. What is one of the greatest leadership challenges you have ever faced? What did you do? What was the result? d. Describe a situation in which effective ethical reasoning skills contributed to your success. e. Describe your personal actions by which you convey to your staff that ethics/ethical behavior is a high priority with you and that you also expect it to be a high priority with your staff. f. Related to the previous question, describe how your personal actions (demonstrating ethics is a priority) have impacted your staff and/or colleagues. g. Describe a situation where you recognized a need to communicate clear expectations for ethical practice. How did you recognize that expectations had to be clarified? What did you do or say to clarify the expectations?
2. Take written notes of the interview and submit as a pdf to the instructor. You must include the name, job position and email address of the interviewee. Date of the interview must also be included. You must also type this information and include it in your report.
3. Analyze the leadership and ethical values of the leader interviewed and assess its impact in the ethical performance of the organization. HINT: You should summarize the answers that you gathered in your interview. Thereafter, you should compare and contrast his/her point of view about leadership with your own perception of it and the existing theories.
4. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources you have located in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource, and neither do web-based blogs.
CIS4253: Ethics in Information Technology Assignment 1
5. In your paper, you must meet the following course outcomes:
a. Demonstrate how to respond to and apply appropriate decisions around ethical issues in an array of information and technology practices
b. Evaluate the legal and ethical responsibilities of leaders in Information Technology.
c. Evaluate ways organizational culture can be managed and promote ethics in an organization.
6. A grading rubric will be used to grade the paper. The rubric is available on CANVAS.
7. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a. Typed, 1.5 spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
b. The length of the paper should not be no less than 4 pages.
c. On the first paragraph of the paper with “Interview Information” as its heading, include the company name, interviewee name and his/her position.
d. On the second paragraph with the heading “Interview Q/A” include the questions and answers. And a summary of your interview.
e. On the third paragraph with the heading “Research Background” include a review of your research, as applicable to your reflection, in the area of ethics and leadership.
f. On the fourth paragraph with the heading “Reflection and Analysis”, analyze the leadership and ethical values of the leader interviewed and assess its impact in the ethical performance of the organization. Also, include your own reflection on ethics in leadership.
g. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
h. Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
i. Provide a well-organized and clearly written report in APA-format paper with correct spelling, grammar, and structure.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.