1) __________ refers to the propensity for a product to perform consistently over its useful life.
E. Perceived quality
2) Like engineers, operations managers are very concerned about product and process design. However, rather than focusing on only the technical aspects of those activities, operations concentrates on the __________ of these activities.
3) __________ refers to the efficiency with which a product achieves its intended purpose.
4) Which type of power is derived from the possession of special knowledge (or the assumption that a person has special knowledge)?
A. Power of expertise
B. Legitimate power
C. Referent power
D. Reward power
E. Coercive power
5) __________ is the process by which a leader influences a group to move toward the attainment of superordinate goals.
6) __________ goals are those goals that pertain to achieving a higher end that benefits not just the individual, but the group.
7) __________ is concerned with monitoring process capability and process stability.
B. Life testing
C. Concurrent engineering
D. Statistical process control
E. Redundancy testing
8) Business cases, process mapping, voice of the customer, change management, and problem/objective statements are used in the ______ Six Sigma process.
9) A firm’s understanding of the customers, their needs, and their wants is referred to as:
A. customer culture
B. closeness to customers
C. cultural richness
D. customer conformance
E. internal customer perspective
10) The three aspects of Juran’s trilogy are:
A. planning, control, and improvement
B. leadership, cost, and quality
C. organizing, management, and control
D. cost, quality, and customer satisfaction
E. labor, management, and systems
11) The development and dissemination of the basic seven tools of quality was the work of:
A. Kaoru Ishikawa
B. W. Edwards Deming
C. Joseph Juran
D. Genichi Taguchi
E. Philip Crosby
12) Feigenbaum’s primary contribution to quality thinking in America was his assertion that:
A. the entire organization should be involved in improving quality
B. quality problems are largely the result of ineffective implementation
C. quality equals profitability
D. quality problems are largely the result of insufficient and ineffective planning
E. quality is free
13) The model of reactive customer-driven quality shows:
A. a firm’s quality performance is increasing while quality costs are also increasing
B. a firm’s quality performance is decreasing while customer’s expectations are also decreasing
C. a firm’s quality performance is increasing while customer’s expectations are decreasing
D. a firm’s quality performance is increasing while quality costs are decreasing
E. a firm’s quality performance is increasing while customer’s expectations are also increasing
14) Process design in services has traditionally focused on the:
15) The view of the customer that asserts that he or she is a valued asset to be managed is referred to as:
A. opinion of the end user
B. voice of the customer
C. customer relationship management
D. house of quality
E. cry of the customer
16) Your author indicates that although statistical inspection is an important approach to improving quality, it is inherently:
17) Quality experts agree that quality can be assured only during the:
A. production phase
B. installation and testing procedure
C. design phase
D. sales process
E. marketing campaign
18) The core of quality management variables contains:
B. information analysis
C. strategic planning
D. team approach
E. environmental characteristics
19) Strategic planning has two important dimensions. These are:
A. analysis and synthesis
B. proactive and standardized
C. content and process
D. strategic and routine
E. implementation and control
20) Strategic planning implies planning for:
A. the short term
B. the long term
C. the short term in manufacturing and the long term in services
D. the intermediate term
E. the short term in services and the long term in manufacturing
21) The ten determinants of service quality as determined by Parasuraman, Zeithamel, and Berry include responsiveness, which involves the willingness or readiness to provide service. This is demonstrated by:
A. company name
B. waiting time to receive service
C. accuracy in billing
D. company reputation
E. calling the customer back quickly
22) The three spheres of quality are:
A. quality planning and management, quality assurance, and quality control
B. quality in products, quality in services, and quality in customer orientation
C. quality in design, quality in manufacturing, and quality in customer service
D. quality planning and management, quality conformance, and quality education
E. internal quality, external quality and quality systems
23) _____________ approaches are required to achieve the desired results because quality is not under the purview of any specific group.
24) Hoshin planning or policy deployment provides a framework for achieving alignment through:
A. enterprise resource planning
B. electronic data interchange
C. the catchball process
E. prototyping process
25) Which of the following is a description of the “categorizing” stage of the internal environmental analysis process?
A. Generate long-lists of strengths and weaknesses from primary and support activities of the firm’s value chain
B. Determine where, along the firm’s value chain, potential competitive advantage lies
C. Look at each competitively relevant resources and capability relative to its potential as a cost or uniqueness driver
D. Choose the appropriate generic strategy for the firm – cost leadership or differentiation
E. Reconceptualize long-list in terms of resources and capabilities and complete deeper inspection with the application of key questions
26) The means of generating lists of strengths and weaknesses in the internal environmental analysis process is referred to as:
27) The internal environmental analysis process is a four stage process that includes all of the following stages except:
28) A tool used by many firms to differentiate and discriminate among suppliers is called:
A. provider appraisal
B. provider assessment
C. partner assessment
D. supplier appraisal
E. supplier evaluation
29) A term used to characterize the relationship between suppliers and customers when a high degree of linkages and interdependencies exist is __________.
A. value partnering
B. supplier linking
C. supplier/customer codependence
D. supplier partnering
E. customer partnering
30) External validation measures of quality programs such as the Baldrige criteria and ISO 9001:2000 are referred to as:
A. single-source measures
B. single-source filters
C. stretch validation measures
D. benchmarking measures
E. externally-directed filters
31) A system that aids customer and supplier communication by linking together supplier and customer information systems is referred to as:
A. Data interchange
B. Electronically generated data transfer
C. Electronic data interchange
D. CPU data interchange
E. Computer data transfer
32) External validation measures of quality programs such as the Baldrige criteria and ISO 9001:2000 are referred to as:
A. benchmarking measures
B. stretch validation measures
C. externally-directed filters
D. single-source filters
E. single-source measures
33) Single sourcing:
A. has no effect on the number of suppliers a firm uses
B. increases the number of suppliers a firm uses in services industries but decreases the number of suppliers a firm uses in manufacturing
C. increases the number of suppliers a firms uses in manufacturing but decreases the number of suppliers a firm uses in services
D. increases the number of suppliers a firm uses
E. decreases the number of suppliers a firm uses
34) Many companies perform lengthy inspections of their suppliers that involve long-term visits and evaluations. There programs are often called:
A. supplier certification programs
B. supplier compliance programs
C. supplier confirmation programs
D. supplier affirmation programs
E. supplier requirement programs
35) From a quality perspective, an interesting variation of the value chain is the concept of the:
A. string of value
B. progression of value
C. sequence of value
D. sequence of patrons
E. chain of customers
36) Which of the following is not one of the support activities in the value chain?
A. Firm infrastructure
B. Marketing and sales
C. Technology development
E. Human resource management
37) Which Baldrige criterion requires the applicant to outline what his or her firm is doing in the area of corporate citizenship?
A. Customer and market focus
C. Process management
D. Business results
E. Strategic planning
38) The goals of QS 9000 is to:
A. find a company that is superior in a particular area, study what is does, and gather ideas for improving your own operation in that area
B. enhance quality systems for suppliers while eliminating redundant requirements and reducing costs
C. integrate financial, planning, and control systems into a single architecture
D. keep American families safe by reducing the risk of injury or death from consumer products
E. identify and prioritize problems that need to be solved
39) How many winners of the MBNQA can there be each year?
40) Which Baldrige criteria is used to evaluate the extent to which top management is personally involved in creating and reinforcing goals, values, directions, and customer involvement?
A. Information and analysis
B. Strategic planning
D. Human resource focus
E. Process management
41) Which Baldrige criterion focuses on how a firm assesses the relative importance of product or service functions?
A. strategic planning
B. customer and market focus
C. process management
E. information and analysis
42) Which Baldrige criteria focuses on how the company establishes strategic direction, and how it sets its tactical action plans to implement the strategic plan.
A. process management
B. customer and market focus
C. strategic planning
D. information and analysis
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.