– What is the goal of the climate change deniers in the movie (hint – use title of movie)? Describe how this goal is achieved using two examples from the movie.
– Describe two unethical practices of climate change deniers that were highlighted in the movie. How do you think these practices have affected the climate change discussion?
Oregon Petition & Climategate Discussion
– Just before the Kyoto Negotiations, the Oregon Petition was created to attack the climate change science. Just before the Copenhagen Summit, there were the attacks from Climategate.
– What was the Oregon Petition as described in the movie? How many “scientists who specialize in climate science” actually signed this document? See the first paragraph at this link https://skepticalscience.com/OISM-Petition-Project-intermediate.htm (Links to an external site.)
– (Links to an external site.)What was Climategate as described in the movie or in your textbook? Which of the tactics explained at the following link is used to promote the Climategate allegations? How so? https://www.skepticalscience.com/5-characteristics-of-scientific-denialism.html (Links to an external site.)
Deniers that Switched
– The movie discussed two climate change deniers that changed their views and became important spokesman in the fight against climate change.
– Who was the Director of Skeptic Society and what caused him to change his views on climate change?
– Who was the very conservative Congressman from South Carolina and what caused him to change his views on climate change?
Think Tanks and Institutes
– The movie discussed several “think tanks” that were created specifically to promote specific views, often so their founding organizations could be anonymous.
– The Cato Institute created the NIPCC. What does NIPCC stand for and why was it created? Did they do any new scientific work?
– Who was the CEO of the George C. Marshall Institute? What industry was he a registered lobbyist for? What was the goal of this institute?
– Near the end of the movie, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson who was the CEO of ExxonMobile at the time was shown shaking hands with Vladimir Putin. What actions were planned to take place as a result of this agreement? How did Climate Change allow this to occur? While this particular deal is no longer intact, there is much contention between nations over who will have access to arctic drilling rights.
Personal Review of “Merchants of Doubt”
– After watching “Merchants of Doubt”, discuss how YOU think we can move beyond the questions and controversies that this movie brings out. (100-200 words minimum)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.