· Gemma and James have pooled their savings to create a start-up company to develop and market an idea they conceived while students together at MIT. They obtained permission to use a college lab during late night hours a few nights a week during their last term before graduating to work on the project. Then they were able to move to James’ parents’ garage, which they keep locked.
· Now they need more sophisticated resources. They have created a prototype robotic device, called “Phoebe,” that will aid first responders in disaster relief by sensing and locating survivors remotely in areas unsafe for humans and dogs to navigate. Phoebe’s ensors will locate living beings, scan vitals and assess level of trauma.
· Gemma and James have mapped out both private and public, civil, and military, applications of their invention, plus continued R & D improvement into next-phase capabilities.
· They have not shared their theory, the prototype, their documentation or any of the associated hard and soft technologies with anyone, but anticipate needing to do so to obtain a funding source.
· They are concerned about others learning of their technology ahead of their chance to obtain IP protection and customers, because they caught a nosy ex-classmate of theirs, Clarence, hanging around their lab.
EXPLAIN AND DISCUSS IN A WELL ORGANIZED APA PAPER:
1. The type of business organization Gemma and James should use to organize their business entity and why. (HINT: Consider partnership, corporation, and limited liability company options.)
2. The four types of intellectual property (IP) and which of these have application to Gemma and James’ invention, Phoebe. Include case law that illustrates these at least two types of IP as applicable to Gemma and James situation and potential issues.
3. The steps Gemma and James should take to protect their invention.
4. It is possible Gemma and James will find themselves in one or more disputes over their invention or related matters. Explain alternative dispute r resolution (ADR) and how this can work to their advantage.
Concepts that should be included in your essay:
· Types of business organizations; considerations for organizing and operating a business;
· Legal environment of business; considerations for management and training to meet business needs;
· Types of IP and their application to Phoebe (include case law);
· IP protection (part of case law requirement could be used here);
· Relevant methodologies and practices as illustrated by major contributors or organizations (e.g. US PTO, WIPO);
· IP litigation claims and defenses and types of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including case law that illustrates types of ADR in practice (especially IP);
· Considerations of business management for handling IP innovation, selection of IP protections;
· Business compliance issues that Gemma and James should consider.
MINIMUM 1700 WORDS, AT LEAST 3 SCHOLARLY SOURCES. ABSOLUTELY NO PLAGIARISM! Be creative! Organize your paper in APA 7th Ed. format using appropriate headings with smooth transitions. I HAVE INCLUDED A SAMPLE PAPER, DO NOT COPY! DUE 4/30/2020 AT 10AM EST
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.