WK4 Assignment: Concerts Across Time
Goal: The goal of this assignment is to compare a performance of Classical music to pop/rock music using musical terminology to express your ideas.
Choose an excerpt from two concerts, one of a pop or rock concert and one of a performance of music from the Classical Era (1750-1820 AD) chosen from the list below. Watch approximately 10 minutes of each concert. (Please note: The rock or pop concert you choose should be one you watch during this course, rather than a performance you watched or attended prior to the class.)
After viewing the concert excerpts, construct a comparison of these two concerts and address the following:
1. Explain why you did or did not enjoy the concerts.
2. Evaluate similarities and differences between music in the Classical era and rock/pop music. Be sure to reference specific musical attributes of the concerts, and use musical terminology and information from the course materials to express your ideas.
3. Discuss the types of people who attended concerts in the Classical era and those who attend rock or pop concerts today, and why people attended concerts in the Classical era versus today. (Be certain to use specific information from scholarly sources to support your points about concerts during the Classical era.)
4. Analyze how new technologies, such as digital media and the internet, change the ways music is experienced.
Classical Concert List
“Piano Concerto No. 23 in A major,” Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
“Violin Concerto No. in D major,” Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
“Symphony No. 25 in G minor” Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
“Cello Concerto No. 1 in C major,” Franz Josef Haydn
“Symphony No. 104 in D major,” Franz Josef Haydn
“Night Music of the Streets of Madrid,” Luigi Boccherini
“Piano Sonata, Op. 40, No. 2 in B minor,” Muzio Clementi
“Piano Concerto No. 4 in G major,” Ludwig van Beethoven
“Symphony No. 4 in B-flat major,” Ludwig van Beethoven
This paper should be 750-1000 words in length. This assignment should reflect knowledge and understanding of the course materials. Points should be supported by specific information from scholarly sources and musical terminology should be used to express ideas. This paper should be written in paragraph form using complete sentences with a clear introduction and conclusion. Be sure to reference both concerts in the introduction and conclusion.
In addition to these elements, please be sure to fulfill the Requirements for Writing Assignments (see below), including citing all sources (including the concerts) both in the body of the text and in a reference page. Please note that MLA is the standard citation style in the humanities. Here are some good sources of information for Evaluating Online Resources, Citing Sources, and Writing & Grammar Resources. The video links for the concerts should be cited in the body of the text and in your reference page.
REQUIREMENTS FOR WRITING ASSIGNMENTS
– Content applies to subject matter.
– Demonstrates knowledge and comprehension of major issues and concepts.
– Content reflects the use of analysis, synthesis, and comparison.
– Major points are stated clearly and are developed and supported by specific details, examples, research, or analysis supported by information from scholarly sources.
– Response has an organized and logical structure with an introduction and conclusion.
– Smooth sentence and paragraph transitions.
– Sentences are complete, clear, and concise.
– Response follows standard rules of grammar, usage, punctuation, and spelling.
– Any material referenced is properly cited with both in-text citations and references formatted in MLA style. Here is an excellent website for citing in MLA.
– For papers submitted as attachments, formatting should be double-spaced with margins no more than 1 inch. Please use 10 or 12 pt. fonts.
– Papers submitted as attachments must be .doc, .docx or .rtf files. File formats can be changed by going to the “File” drop-down menu and clicking on “Save As.” Please note that papers submitted in any other format will not be accepted or graded. Papers must be submitted in the proper format to be considered on time.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.