I already received my grade but can not figure out which question I got wrong. I got 24/25 right. Can you clarify?
1. Kotter suggests that leadership and management:
a) consist of very similar activities.
b) involve the alignment of people to the overall direction of the organization through communication.
c) involve management of major change efforts within the organization.
2. When you delegate responsibility and authority, you must be prepared to allow employees to fail.
3. A tenet of _________________________ is that work exists for the person as much as the person exits for work.
a) transactional leadership
b) abusive leadership
d) charismatic leadership
4. According to Blake and Mouton and their Leadership Grid, an authority-compliance manager with high concern for production (results) and low concern for people would be in what position on the grid?
5. Transactional leaders inspire and excite followers to high levels of performance.
6. Dimensions used to classify followers include:
a) active/passive, critical/uncritical thinking, and independent/interdependent
c) active/passive, dialectic/socratic thinking, and independent/interdependent
d) active/neutral, dialectic/socratic thinking, and independent/interdependent
7. Effective followers practice self-management and self-responsibility.
8. Which of the following statements is true of leaders with high emotional intelligence?
a) They look for challenges and ways to add to their talents.
b) They use a more people-oriented style that is empowering.
c) They lose their effectiveness.
9. The path-goal approach to leadership is based on expectancy theory and postulates that the basic role of the leader is to enhance follower motivation so that the followers are able to experience need gratification.
10. Which of the following is a positive consequence of conflict in an organization?
a) It provides a healthy distraction from work.
b) It is emotional or behavioral in origin.
c) It breaks down group cohesion.
11. When a child gets sick at school, the parent often must leave work to care for the child. This is an example of:
b) intrarole conflict
c) interpersonal conflict
d) person-role conflict
12. The key to managing conflict in a multicultural workforce is:
a) to address the power distance issue
b) the degree to which a culture is more individualistic or collectivist
c) to apply the appropriate resolution strategy
13. Managers should work to stimulate functional conflict when they suspect their group is suffering from groupthink.
14. ________________ is the ability to see life from another person’s perspective.
15. The key to conflict management is:
b) to discourage functional conflict
c) to enhance creativity in an organization
d) to improve work relationships between two parties
16. When negotiators let emotion rather than cognition determine their actions, it is much less likely that the conflict will be resolved.
17. Conflict that occurs between two or more organizations is considered:
a) intraorganizational conflict
b) intergroup conflict
d) interpersonal conflict
18. All of the following are planned corporate changes except:
a) installing a computer-controlled machine tool
c) preparing materials and making arrangements for a workforce diversity-training workshop
d) scheduling production runs for the peak vacation period of June through August
19. When the organization makes a large-scale change such as moving to a new structure, the change would be considered:
20. Disengagement involves:
b) mass terminations
c) increasing performance standards
d) employee discipline
21. Lewin’s model proposes that successful change efforts require:
a) there must be top management support
b) they must be introduced incrementally and receive the necessary resource allocation
c) effective communication will be essential
22. A key to managing resistance to change is to plan for it and be ready with a variety of strategies for using the resistance as feedback.
23. Which of the following is true of change leaders within organizations?
b) They are more task oriented than general managers.
c) They are uncomfortable with uncertainty.
d) They operate in only one leadership style.
24. Coaching is always done in a one-on-one manner.
25. Which of the following is true of external change agents?
a) They know about the organization’s history and culture.
b) They are not preferred by employees because of their partiality.
c) They have no power in directing changes.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.