1) Items that do not meet the buyer’s and receiving clerk’s expectation and, therefore,are returned to the supplier are called “returning merchandise.” T or F
2) The purveyor salesperson’s biggest concern is to retain or keep their food service house account! T or F
3) While narrowing a list of all possible supplies (vendors), the hospitality buyer is engaged in the inquiry stage of selecting a purveyor T or F
4) The minimum-order requirement is the least amount of an item a buyer needs to purchase before a vendor will agree to sell it, it is the least amount a buyer needs to purchase before the buyer can qualify for free delivery from the supplier T or F
5) A cash discount is the type and amount of financing a vendor will provide, along with the prescribed type of bill paying procedure, that must be followed. T or F
6) When deciding on which purveyor to buy from, there is no need to consider interviewing the truck driver who will be delivering your supplies for the purveyor, since your contact interaction with this person will be extremely limited T or F
7) When deciding on which purveyor to buy from, it is good business for you to interview the salesperson who will be serving your account. T or F
8) While compiling a list of all possible supplies (vendors), the hospitality buyer is engaged in the survey stage of selecting a purveyor T or F
9) The vendor’s procedure a buyer needs to follow in order to return products and receive credit for them is called the “purveyor’s returns policy” T or F
10) An approved supplier list confirms that the vendor (supplier) possesses the identified resources, such as Product quality, AP price, Supplier services, Delivery schedule, and Support systems to meet the operation’s needs. T or F
11) Pete Turner, Hospitality Management Alum, spoke about his current job and the role he plays in the company. Pete described the product information material his company distributes to (and he designed) to prospective buyers/managers. This material describes their product, how it differs from their competition, and the item number by product (skews). This is called:
A. Point-of-Purchase (POP)
B. Private Brand Information (PBI)
C. Marketing Product Sheet (MPS)
D. Point-of-Sale (POS)
12) An incentive to the buyer for prompt payment, for paying in advance of the delivery, or using a cash-on-delivery (COD) bill-paying procedure
A. promotional discounts
B. volume discounts
C. cash discounts
D. quantity discounts
13) Which one of the following best characterizes the pull strategy?
A. the buyer uses rebates, coupons or premiums to purchase the product
B. the distributors are responsible for all product marketing
C. the buyer has a significant ability to influence the AP prices
D. the products are mostly generic-type products
14) During this stage of selecting the optimal supplier, a buyer will begin to narrow the field of all possible suppliers to those meeting predetermined acceptable criteria
A. The Survey Stage
B. Make the Selection & Activate the Account Stage
C. The Inquiry Stage
D. Trimming the Initial List Stage
15) Which of the following criteria is MOST BENEFICAL for an independent restaurant owner/caterer to consider when trimming the initial list of all possible purveyors to the one they will buy from?
A. Current technological adoptions
B. Financial condition & personal references
C. Kinds, types, and qualities of products available
D. Geographic location combined with transportation capabilities
16) Which of the following criteria is least BENEFICAL for an independent restaurant owner/caterer to consider when trimming the initial list of all possible purveyors to the one they will buy from?
A. Do they have prompt deliveries?
B. Does the purveyor offer tickets to sporting events
C. Does the delivery schedule fit our needs?
D. What is the number of rejected deliveries?
17) While Trimming the Initial List of all possible vendors to buy from, the hospitality professional may consider which of the following criterion:
A. Kinds and qualities of products available
B. Geographic location and transportation capabilities
C. Current technological developments
D. All of the answer stems are important for a buyer to consider
18) Pete Turner, Hospitality Management Alum, spoke to the purchasing class about his career and his current job. The color of Pete’s shirt that he wore for this presentation was:
19) During this stage of selecting the optimal supplier, a buyer will compile a list of all possible suppliers or at least a reasonable number of potential suppliers.
A. The Survey Stage
B. The Inquiry Stage
C. Make the Selection & Activate the Account Stage
D. Finding Suppliers Stage
20) An incentive for the buyer to purchase a large volume of product(s) and in return will receive from the supplier a reduced price for the lot, this is known as
A. promotional discounts
B. cash discounts
C. volume discounts
D. quantity discounts
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.