1. High pressure for local adaptation combined with high pressure for lower costs would suggest what type of international strategy? (Points : 5)
2. The form of entry strategy into international operations that offers the lowest level of control would be (Points : 5)
c. joint venture.
3. __________ are most appropriate where a firm already has the appropriate knowledge and capabilities that it can leverage rather easily through multiple locations in many countries. (Points : 5)
a. Joint ventures
b. Strategic alliances
c. Licensing agreements
d. Wholly owned subsidiaries
4. Many U.S. multinational companies set up maquiladora operations south of the U.S.-Mexico border primarily (Points : 5)
a. to sell products into the growing Mexican market.
b. as part of US government-initiated measures to discourage illegal immigration.
c. to take advantage of the lower tax rates in Mexico.
d. to take advantage of the low cost of labor.
5. High pressure for local adaptation combined with low pressure for lower costs would suggest what type of international strategy? (Points : 5)
d. Overall cost leadership
6. __________ entail the creation of a third-party legal entity, whereas __________ do not. (Points : 5)
a. Licensing agreements; joint ventures
b. Joint ventures; strategic alliances
c. Strategic alliances; joint ventures
d. Franchising agreements; strategic alliances
7. Gillette’s worldwide success with its Sensor razor demonstrates (Points : 5)
a. the importance of merging global and multidomestic strategies.
b. the values of establishing joint ventures with several multinational corporations.
c. that a global marketing effort can sometimes be successful.
d. the usefulness of a multidomestic strategy.
8. Which of the following refers to a situation where a company has a high concentration of its business in a particular industry’s market? (Points : 5)
a. competitor’s resources
b. market dependence
c. resource similarity
d. actor’s reputation
9. Which of the following terms is used to refer to opportunities that are practical and physically possible? (Points : 5)
10. Financing for entrepreneurial start-ups includes which of the following? (Points : 5)
a. investments by family and friends
b. personal savings
c. private investors
d. all of these
11. Which of the following types of resources contribute to the success of entrepreneurial firms? (Points : 5)
a. social capital
b. financial resources
c. human resources
d. All of these contribute to the success of entrepreneurial firms.
12. Which of the following sources of entrepreneurial financing are available to ventures that have already started to conduct business and generate sales? (Points : 5)
a. bank financing
b. venture capital
c. public financing
d. all of these
13. Private individuals who provide seed capital to young ventures are known as (Points : 5)
c. cash cows.
d. rising stars.
14. __________ provide(s) a key avenue for growth for many young and small firms through partnering to obtain resources and/or expand into new markets. (Points : 5)
a. Strategic alliances
c. “Lone wolf” entrepreneurs
d. Research & development
15. In principal-principal conflicts (conflicts between controlling shareholders and minority shareholders), the ownership (of equity) is (Points : 5)
a. widely dispersed (5-20% is considered “concentrated ownership”).
b. controlled almost completely by management.
c. concentrated; often greater than 50% of equity is controlled by controlling shareholders.
d. often held by employee stock ownership programs.
16. It is generally argued that the takeover constraint (Points : 5)
a. deters management from engaging in opportunistic behavior.
b. deters management from considering acquiring other companies.
c. deters management from declaring dividends.
d. deters management from increasing a firm’s level of borrowing.
17. If the market value of a firm becomes less than its book value, (Points : 5)
a. it becomes an attractive takeover target.
b. the firm will be delisted by the stock exchange.
c. the Securities and Exchange Commission will not allow it to declare dividends until the market value once again exceeds the book value.
d. the firm will be unable to service its debt.
18. CEO duality refers to a situation in which (Points : 5)
a. the CEO formulates and implements strategies.
b. the CEO serves as both the CEO and the chair of the board of directors.
c. the CEO is responsible for acting as CEO and serving on the compensation committee.
d. the CEO is responsible for acting as CEO and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
19. Contemporary approaches to strategic control rely primarily on (Points : 5)
a. feedback controls.
b. single-loop learning.
c. double-loop learning.
d. comparative learning.
20. By takeover constraint, we mean (Points : 5)
a. constraints placed by the firm on raiders who want to takeover the firm.
b. legal constraints that limit the ability of the raiders to acquire a firm.
c. provisions in the charter of a company that prevents it from attempting a takeover of other companies.
d. the risk of being acquired by a hostile raider.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.