Organizations often use surveys or questionnaires to obtain information regarding employee satisfaction, the organizational issues impacting staff performance, perceptions of pay and benefits, organizational culture, etc. Sometimes, questionnaires are used in classes for staff development and focus on behavioral styles, conflict styles, or team behaviors. Additionally, they may be used to help intact teams or departments focus on and resolve team differences or performance issues. Many times, the questions themselves provide people with insight into what the organization expects from its employees.
In this assignment, you will imagine that you are part of a team that is not performing at a very high level. As a result all members of your team are completing this survey before you attend team training. You are to read the questions in the High Performing Work Teams Survey. You will analyze the questions, identify the trends you see in the questions, and discuss what you and your team members would learn by taking this survey.
Write 4 pages (not counting the cover or reference pages), summarizing the trends you identified, what you and your team members would learn from taking the survey, and conclusions about what is required of team members in order to create a high performing work team. Outside academic sources must be included in this assignment, and you should integrate readings and concepts from our course materials.
Support your opinions and statements with a minimum of five references from sources published within the last ten years. You can cite scholarly and practitioner-oriented journals, newspaper articles, YouTube videos
(but not Wikipedia, vendor websites, or other non-academic sources.) The UMUC online library is a great source. JSTOR, ABI INform, etc., are good databases that can be found in the UMUC library and UMUC librarians can help you identify appropriate sources.
Use APA format for citations, references, and quotations. This means your list of references should start on a separate page, and should be double spaced, with a hanging indent and no spaces between entries. Your report should be 4 pages (not counting the cover or reference pages), double spaced with one inch margins and a font size of at least 11 points.
High Performing Work Team Survey
The High Performing Work Team Survey appears below. The criteria for grading this assignment follow the survey.
1. I understand what contributions I am expected to make to theorganization
2. I understand how this team’s performance will affect the business results of thecompany.
3. I can describe the mission or why this teamexists.
4. I understand the team’s primarypurpose.
5. Team members agree on the major work functions that our team is toperform.
6. I understand the team’sgoals.
7. I am highly motivated to achieve thegoals.
8. I understand the team’s long termgoals.
9. I understand the standards for team quality andeffectiveness.
10. This team has goals that are closely linked to the company’sgoals.
11. I understand the role I am expected to perform for teamsuccess.
12. Team members are handling all job functions that the team is required toperform.
13. I understand what is expected of other teammembers.
14. Team members maintain a clear focus on the high priority tasks that are to becompleted.
15. At least one member of this team attempts to maintain positive/harmoniousrelationships.
16. We have procedures that encourage members to participateequally.
17. We have procedures for providing feedback directly to teammembers.
18. We have procedures for handling the common problems or unexpectedevents.
19. Agendas are distributed before each teammeeting.
20. Follow-up dates are set when actions are agreedupon.
21. I am encouraged to express my ideas even when my ideas disagree with themajority.
22. Team members live up to theirpromises.
23. Team members listen to me even when they disagree withme.
24. Team members have given me positive feedback andrecognition.
25. Team members solicit ideas and help fromme.
26. This team usually completes tasks and meets itsdeadlines.
27. The team is fulfilling its purpose ormission.
28. Team meetings areefficient.
29. Team meeting end up with all topics and workcompleted.
30. This team is effective compared to otherteams.
31. I am satisfied with my job and responsibilities on thisteam.
32. I get a sense of personal enjoyment being a member of thisteam.
33. Morale is high on thisteam.
34. The team pulls together as aunit.
35. My skills and knowledge are fully used on thisteam.
36. Differences in style and opinion areencouraged.
37. Team members are allowed to bedifferent.
38. Problems and conflicts are resolved with solutions that meet the needs of everyoneinvolved.
39. Problems and conflicts are confronted until they areresolved.
40. When team members disagree, they listen openly to eachother.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.