Here are your final exam questions. Answer only 5. Each answer should be 1 double-spaced pages long. (Use no bigger than 12 point font.) You may NOT quote anywhere and all your answers much be your own.
1) Explain the 4 kinds of less-than-ideal city-states that Plato discuses. What are the significant features of each? How does each one “devolve” into the next? How do they each differ from the ideal Republic?
2) Explain the divided line, including all the objects and all the states of mind. Give examples of each.
3) Consider Gettier’s argument against the JTB account of knowledge. Come up with your own “Gettier case,” where a subject, S, has a sufficiently warranted true belief that p, for some proposition p, but does (in actuality) not know that p. Make sure you give a very detailed account of why p is true, what justifies S’s belief that p, and how that justification is adequate. Then explain why in your case S lacks knowledge that p. Finally, offer and solution which would eliminate cases of the kind you have developed and explain how well you think it would work.
4) Give two accounts of how we can come to know “triangle.” For this, you should reproduce the explanations of both Descartes and Locke. Finish by giving an argument for why you prefer one over the other.
5) For Locke:
6) Explain the path of argument in the Theaetetus (ie: how Theaetetus would present one account, how Socrates would question it, and how Theaetetus would then present another account, which Socrates would then attack, etc.) Give a detailed account of what Plato ultimately thinks knowledge is. Come up with examples that illustrate what kinds of objects or concepts we can have knowledge of and what kind of objects or concepts we cannot have knowledge of (feel free to include concepts from both the Theaetetus and Republic here.) Is Plato’s account successful? Why or why not.
7) Give an exegesis of the different accounts of metaphysics offered in Armstrong (make sure to include at least realism, class nominalism, predicate nominalism, and resemblance nominalism). Then consider Richard Ankrom’s freeway signs (Google it.) Explain how each account of metaphysics would explain why this is art. Present a metaphysical argument that best captures your view on whether it is or is not art.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.