Follow the instructional steps to finish the project (point values can also be seen using the link below).
1. Start Access. Open the downloaded Access file named Exp19_Access_Ch03_Cap_Brilton_Madley_Games.accdb. Grader has automatically added your last name to the beginning of the filename.
2. Create a query using Query Design. From the Customers table, include the fields FirstName, LastName, and Phone (in that order). From the Orders table, include the fields OrderID, OrderDate, and ShippedDate (in that order). Run the query and then examine the records. Save the query as Shipping Efficiency.
3. Add a calculated field named DaysToShip to calculate the number of days taken to fill each order. (Hint: the expression will include the OrderDate and ShippedDate fields; the results will not contain negative numbers.) Run the query and then examine the results. Save the query.
4. Add criteria to limit the query results to include any order that took more than 30 days to ship.
5. Add the Quantity field from the Orders table and the ProductName field from the Products table to the query (in that order). Sort the query by ascending LastName.
6. Add the caption Days to Ship to the DaysToShip field. Switch to Datasheet view to view the final results. Save and close the query.
7. Create a query using Query Design and add the Customers, Orders, and Products tables. Add the Country field from the Customers table. Set the field’s Total row to Group By. Save the query as Revenue and Cost by Country.
8. Add a calculated field in the second column. Name the field TotalRevenue. This field should multiply the quantity ordered (from the Orders table) by the unit price for that item (from the Products table). Format the calculated field as Currency and change the caption to Total Revenue. Change the Total row for the TotalRevenue field to Sum.
9. Add a calculated field in the third column. Name the field TotalCost. The field should multiple the quantity ordered (from the Orders table) by the unit cost for that item (from the Products table). Format the calculated field as Currency and add a caption of Total Cost. Change the Total row to Sum. Run the query. Save the query. Return to Design view.
10. Add the OrderDate field and criteria to that field so that only orders made between 7/1/2018 and 12/31/2018 are displayed. Change the Total row to Where. This expression will display only orders that were completed during the second half of 2018. Run the query and view the results. Save and close the query.
11. Create a copy of the Revenue and Cost by Country query named Customer Payments. Switch to Design view of the new query and remove the Country, TotalCost, and OrderDate fields. Add the FirstName and LastName fields. Move the TotalRevenue field to the end. Rename the TotalRevenue field to OrderTotal. Change the caption to Order Total.
12. Add a new field using the Expression Builder named SamplePayment. Insert the Pmt function with the following parameters:
• Use .05/12 for the rate argument (5% interest, paid monthly)
• Use the number 12 for the num_periods argument (12 months)
• Use the calculated field OrderTotal for the present_value
• Use 0 for both future_value and type
13. Change the Total row to Expression for the SamplePayment field. Change the Format for the SamplePayment field to Currency. Run the query and verify the second order(with LastName Sparks) has a sample payment of $26.80. Note: it will display as a negative number. Save and close the query.
14. Create a copy of the Revenue and Cost by Country query named Revenue by Sales Rep. Switch to Design view of the new query and remove the entire Customers table, the TotalCost, and OrderDate fields. Add the Sales Reps table. Add the Title field from the Sales Reps table and move it to the front of the TotalRevenue field.
15. Run the query and then examine the summary records; there should be 4 Titles listed. Switch to Design view and change the sort order so that the title with the highest TotalRevenue is first and the title with the lowest TotalRevenue is last. Run the query and verify the results. Save and close the query.
16. Close all database objects. Close the database and then exit Access. Submit the database as directed.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.