Adult Health 1 Study Guide
Remember that assigned textbook readings should be supplemental to reviewing & studying the Powerpoint presentations. Answers to these study guide questions can be obtained from the textbook chapters, powerpoint presentations, as well as class lectures & in-class activities.
Chapter 45: Management of Patients with Oral & Esophageal Disorders (p. 1283-1284)
Conditions to Know: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
1. What is GERD?
2. What are some risk factors for the development of GERD?
3. What are some common signs and symptoms of GERD?
4. What are some teaching points we would want to include in our patient education regarding dietary & lifestyle changes needed for the management of GERD?
5. Describe the various classes of medications that are used to treat patients with GERD. Include medication class, mechanism of action, patient teaching points, & any nursing implications. See Table 45-2.
Chapter 46: Management of Patients with Gastric & Duodenal Ulcers (p. 1296-1303)
Conditions to Know: Peptic Ulcer Disease (PUD)
1. What is a peptic ulcer and how does it form?
2. What are some causes of peptic ulcers?
3. What are some signs and symptoms of peptic ulcers?
4. Compare and contrast the findings seen with patients presenting with gastric versus duodenal ulcers.
5. What are some teaching points we would want to include in our patient education regarding the lifestyle changes needed for management of PUD?
6. Describe the medications that are used in “triple therapy” for patients diagnosed with PUD due to H. pylori bacteria. See Table 46-3. Apart from these 3 medication classes, what additional med classes may also be prescribed for patients with PUD?
7. What is the most severe complication of PUD? What are some clinical manifestations of this condition?
Chapter 47: Management of Patients with Intestinal & Rectal Disorders (p. 1312-1316 & p. 1327-1336)
Conditions to Know: Constipation, Diarrhea, Intestinal (Bowel) Obstruction, IBD – Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis (UC)
1. How is constipation defined?
2. What are some causes of constipation?
3. What are some signs & symptoms of constipation?
4. What are some teaching points you would want to include in your patient teaching regarding the prevention and/or management of patients with constipation? See Chart 47-2.
5. How is diarrhea defined and how can it be classified?
6. What are some signs & symptoms of diarrhea?
7. What are some potential complications of diarrhea? What is the nurse’s role in helping to prevent or treat these complications?
8. What are some teaching points you would want to include in your patient teaching regarding the prevention and/or management of patients with diarrhea?
9. How does an intestinal obstruction occur and what are the two main types of obstructions?
10. What are some signs and symptoms of a bowel obstruction?
11. Describe the nursing care that is needed for a patient with a bowel obstruction.
12. What is ulcerative colitis (UC)?
13. What are some signs and symptoms of UC?
14. What is Crohn’s disease?
15. What are some signs & symptoms of Crohn’s disease?
16. What medications (classes) are used to treat UC & Crohn’s disease?
17. Describe the nursing care that is needed for patients with UC or Crohn’s disease.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.