When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you
hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page
break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Which of the following events was the most influential in making the FBI a major factor in policing?
A. Passage of the Mann Act
B. The Lindbergh baby kidnapping
C. Passage of the National Motor Vehicle Theft Act
D. The killing of John Dillinger
2. _______ is the right of a justice agency to act in regard to a particular subject matter, territory, or
B. Community policing
3. The internal affairs unit investigates
A. human resources issues within law enforcement.
B. white-collar crime.
C. corruption within the police force.
D. sexual exploitation.
4. Which of the following agencies is most closely associated with the war on terrorism?
A. U.S. Marshals
B. Secret Service
C. Department of Homeland Security
D. State Bureaus of Investigation
5. The measure of “excessive force” is whether the coercion used
A. exceeds the amount of force used against the police officer by the participant in the conflict.
B. results in injuries that require medical care.
C. is used against a first-time offender.
D. exceeds the amount of force necessary to control participants in a conflict.
6. Which of the following has the world’s largest fingerprint identification system?A. CODIS
7. As of July 31, 2012, how many foreign terrorist organizations were recognized by the U.S. State
8. Breaking up a fight, holding back a crowd at a sporting event, or intervening in a domestic dispute before
it gets violent are examples of which of the following local police duties?
B. Order maintenance or peacekeeping
C. Law enforcement
D. Information gathering
9. Under the _______ model of law enforcement, officers employed by the state have essentially the same
enforcement powers as local police and can work cases and enforce the law anywhere within the state.
A. highway patrol
B. state police
10. The Department of Homeland Security is vested with all of the following responsibilities except
A. assisting in recovery from terrorist attacks.
B. preventing acts of terrorism.
C. prosecuting acts of terrorism.
D. administering the National Flood Insurance Program.
11. Which of the following is not a reason private security has grown phenomenally since the 1970s?
A. Better control and attention to the problem for businesses
B. Dramatic increase in violent crime in the United States
C. Declining revenues for public policing
D. Fewer constitutional limitations
12. A _______ is an employee of the police department who performs police functions but doesn’t have
A. public safety officer
B. police cadet
C. probationary officerD. peace officer
13. Name the largest law enforcement training establishment in the United States.
14. What is the practice of relying on the judgment of police leadership and rank-and-file officers to decide
which laws to enforce?
A. Community policing
B. Uniform compassion
C. Selective enforcement
D. Incident-based coercion
15. By the 1970s, research in criminal justice began to show all of the following findings except which one?
A. Having more police officers using methods made popular under the professional or reform model does not significantly reduce
B. Neighborhood-based policing projects had high success rates because of low costs, administrative efficiency, and high citizen
C. Unattended disorderly behavior in neighborhoods is a signal to more serious criminals that residents do not care what goes on
in their community and that the criminals can move in and operate with impunity.
D. A rapid response to crime does not necessarily lead to more arrests.
16. The idea that police should focus on law enforcement and leave social services and the maintenance of
order to others was fostered by
A. August Vollmer.
B. Robert Peel.
C. ***** *****.
D. Henry Fielding.
17. Which agency is most closely associated with combatting counterfeiting of U.S. currency?
A. Secret Service
D. U.S. Marshals
18. The FBI considers the Animal Liberation Front to be a/an _______ organization.
B. issue-oriented advocacy
C. loosely affiliated extremist
D. special interest terroristEnd of exam
19. The slave codes held slaves responsible for their crimes and other acts that were not crimes if
committed by free persons. Which of the following was not among these restrictions?
A. Enslaved people could not hold meetings.
B. Enslaved people could not carry firearms.
C. Enslaved people could not learn to read and write.
D. Enslaved people could not learn skilled trades.
20. Which of the following is not one of the “three I’s” that are of paramount importance when selecting
B. Interaction skills
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.