Exam: 050323RR – INTRODUCTION TO PUBLIC SPEAKING
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 15: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Suppose you’re going to give a speech on the history of the Battle of Bunker Hill. You consider that you can tell the history through the eyes of one of the soldiers on either the American or British side. What sort of listening are you asking your audience to use?
A. Productive B. Categorical C. Empathetic D. Assimilating
2. Which of the following terms describes one’s tendencies to respond for or against something? A. Attitudes
3. Effective speakers focus most on the A. content of their speech.
B. vocal presentation.
C. language of their speech.
4. Why is visualization useful to you in preparing a speech? A. It can eliminate the need for research.
B. It can make the preparation more enjoyable.
C. It can reduce negative thinking.
D. It can help persuade the audience.
5. A general _______ will help you see the topic as a whole and understand how the parts fit together. A. conclusion
￼6. An example that recounts events in storylike form is known as a A. demonstration.
7. The context that has to do with beliefs, lifestyles, and values of the speaker and audience is the _______
C. sociopsychological D. physical
8. Nonverbal behaviors on the part of public speakers are considered to be A. globally standardized.
D. liberal art.
9. Which of the following terms denotes figures that haven’t been modified by any mathematical
B. Percentages C. Raw numbers D. Means
10. _______ compare items from the same class. A. Literal analogies
B. Negational definitions
C. Etymological definitions
D. Figurative analogies
11. The message of any public speech passes from speaker to listener through a A. context.
12. Adopting the perspective of the audience in a speech generally serves to A. insult the audience.
B. shock the audience.
C. create empathy.
D. define a difficult term or phrase.
13. Marian gave a speech in which she explained how she keeps cut flowers fresh for long periods. The technique she used was, in fact, developed by someone else, but Marian neglected to mention that. Of what unethical practice is Marian guilty?
A. Negative self-talk
B. Confrontation reaction C. Plagiarism
14. Your thesis statement should encompass the _______ of your speech. A. researched sources
D. central idea
15. Which of the following is an example of self-affirmation? A. “Why are there so few people in the audience?”
B. “No one is going to believe me.”
C. “People can see that I’m nervous.”
D. “I’ve worked hard for this.” End of exam
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.