A minimum of 100 words each and References Response (#1 – 6) KEEP RESPONSE WITH ANSWER EACH ANSWER NEED TO HAVE A SCHOLARY SOURCE with a Hyperlink
Make sure the Responses includes the Following: (a) an understanding of the weekly content as supported by a scholarly resource, (b) the provision of a probing question. (c) stay on topic
1. do you think these are elements that result from the drug abuse, or could be signs of adolescents that are at risk of abusing? Why does this matter?
2. I think her risk factors do play a role in adolescents that abuse drugs. They start to feel unwanted or needed, so they resort to using drugs. They are able to escape what they are going through. I believe that if the parents were more involved into their lives it would make a huge difference. Kids want attention from their family to tell them how their day is going, what they have done at school, and what kind of grades they have. Kids wants somebody to be proud of them and show them affection. The kids that abuse drugs see it as a way out of reality and their circumstances. That is their way they think will fill their emptiness inside. It eventually like it was mentioned leads to depression. When all of this could have been prevented with a better home life from the parents end.
3. Risk factors would be environmental or family influence, early and persistent behavior problems like aggression academic failure, peer rejection associating with drug users, seperating themselves from others, rebelliosness and unfavorable attitudes toward drug abuse, and early initiation to become a drug user. The more the risk factors are present the greater the chance for the child to become a user. Substance use often begins when children enter the middle school, it is more likely to be known as a trend.. (everybody is doing it). They also become more vulnerable to drugs as peer pressure begins, with the rebellion that goes towards the parents, the disapproval of doing so, is what motivates them. There is no right thing or wrong thing to do in order to prevent children from being users.(McGraw-Hill,2014) You can teach the the affects of drugs, and let them know that it is not good for them. Show videos of people that are users, don’t allow anyone to inhabit their space that use drugs, by observing their environmental and the type friends that they have and deal with.
4. There are several things that can protect adolescents from health risks are protective factors are individuals or environmental characteristics, behaviors, or conditions that can reduce the effects of life and stressful events (CDC, 2020). Many of these are preventable and can stem from types of lifestyles and poverty, some adolescents may not feel the effects of lifestyles until later in life but in some cases the way an adolescent lives can be a pattern of lifelong habits of living. Physical activity can affect mental and physical health and with normal healthy exercise can help with strength and endurance, weight control, healthy bones and muscles, and can help with stress and anxiety. Self-esteem, overall wellbeing, and grades in school can all improve with healthy diet and exercise. Getting enough sleep and rest and eating a healthy balanced diet are all factors that can protect adolescent form health risks. Providing education and teaching about the negative side effects from drug and alcohol use during adolescent years can help with prevent health risk that can come from using drugs and alcohol (Martorell, G. Papalia, D, Feldman, R. 2014).
5. The protective factors health risk in adolescence are innumerable and can be altered to fit most any situation. A protective factor is a variable or incidence within the individual’s life or environment that protects or buffers the child from harm. Often, protective factors can be parents, friends, or environmental settings. such as church or school. Parents can teach what the risk does, friends can help keep the risk away or reduced, positive environments will have little to no health risk (Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020). The way these factors help is by preventing or grooming the ideas surrounding whatever risk may be taken. Implementing protective factors allows for a chance at internal and external grooming towards risk reduction. Those with weak or no protective factors have very little to stop or prevent the risk from occurring/being taken (Martorell, Papalia, & Feldman, 2013). Additionally, the environment of an individual with little protective factors will look far different than that of a healthy environment. To be truly unprotective, that environment will look like risk, harm, and potential abuse/neglect.
6. Some factors that protect adolescents from health risks include strong academics, positive friend groups and parents who are involved in their children’s daily lives. Of the three, having parents who are involved, and present is very important. When you have parents that take an interest in their children’s emotional, mental and physical health, they are more likely to lead healthy lifestyles. Per the textbook, young people were more willing and open to speak about themselves and their feelings when their parents were warm and accepting (Martorell, Papalia & Feldman, 2014). When children are brought up with a strong foundation of good communication skills, support, love and empathy these values will become the norm. Having a good home life will also positively impact other areas of life, such as school and social life. As children grow older, they being to venture out on their own, especially when entering their high school years. Being brought up with parents that teach good values and moral, children will hopefully choose to make better decisions when out with friends or making new friends. In doing so, they will be able to say no when someone else is attempting to peer pressure them into drugs, alcohol or sexual behavior.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.