This task requires you to work both individually and as part of a group to consider the Corporate Social Responsibility performance and stated values of two similar organisations and apply the Giving Voice to Values framework.
There are two parts to this task:
· Part A – 25% Business Values Assessment Report
· Part B – 20% Application of the GVV framework – scenario development, script development and online presentation
NOTE all group members must participate in Part A and Part B
Please see below for the details of these Task Requirements.
Part A – Business Values Assessment report
This activity is based on the exercise on page 226 of ‘Business Ethics’ (Crane & Matten, 2010) – a copy of the relevant pages are available on the course Moodle page.
For this component, you need to work in a group of three to four (3-4) students to consider the values and social performance of two companies. You are required to consider and discuss the companies as a group, but must submit your responses to the questions as individuals.
1. As a group, select two companies that produce social reports and whose values are identified on their websites or in other company documents (that are publicly available). The two companies selected by your group must be either:
(a) From different industries but in the same country; or
(b) From the same industry but different countries.
By Week 5, your group must provide the names of the companies you have selected to research, and the industry and country within which they operate.
2. As a group, research each of your companies to determine their company values, their approaches to social responsibility and their reporting of their social performances.
3. As an individual, you are required to submit responses to the following questions:
i. Identify and describe the two companies you have researched; their core business activities and the countries and/or industries in which they operate. (15 marks)
ii. What differences are evident between the two companies in terms of the range of issues dealt with in their social reports and the depth of coverage on specific issues? Please note – this question does not ask for a description or summary of the content of each company’s reports. Instead, you need to analyse the types of information, the major themes, the presentation, formatting and tone of each report – and explain the ways in which the reports are similar to each other and the ways in which they are different. (15 marks)
iii. Discuss which of the Sustainable Development Goals you believe are most relevant to these companies, their industries and the countries in which they operate. Discuss the extent to which these SDGs were addressed, explicitly or implicitly, in the CSR/Sustainability reports of your companies? (15 marks)
iv. Assess the apparent quality of the social accounting approach utilized by each company according to Zadek et al.’s (1997) criteria. (15 marks)
v. Discuss the extent to which the social reports provided by these companies reflect their stated values. (15 marks)
vi. Briefly reflect on your groups’ discussions of these companies. In what ways did the ideas presented by your group confirm your own conclusions, influence your thinking and/or present another perspective to you? (15 marks)
· A score (10 marks) will be allocated for presentation, written expression, spelling, grammar, punctuation and referencing.
Word limit: 2000 words
Referencing: You are required to follow the APA style of referencing for this task. There is no set number of references required. It is recommended, however, that you independently seek out resources in addition to those provided by the lecturer.
Due Date Week 8
Students are required to upload their assignment as a Word doc or PDF (with the FedUni Business School – Assignment Coversheet attached) via the relevant Turnitin link on the course Moodle page, as well as the regular link for assignment submission.
Responses to questions
Qi – describe the two companies that have been researched. Responses should:
· clearly identify and describe the two companies being researched
· clearly describe the industries and countries in which these companies operate
· Clearly describe any social reporting/performance issues that may be relevant for these companies.
Qii – What differences are evident between the two companies in terms of the range of social, environmental and economic issues dealt with in their reports and the depth of coverage on specific issues? Responses should:
· compare the style, content and presentation of the social reports provided by each company
· critically analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the approaches to social reporting evident in the reports
· comment on the range of issues covered and the depth of the coverage
Qiii – Discuss which of the Sustainable Development Goals you believe are most relevant to these companies, their industries and the countries in which they operate. Discuss the extent to which these SDGs were addressed, explicitly or implicitly, in the CSR/Sustainability reports of your companies:
· Demonstrate critical thinking and analysis to identify key SDGs and explain why these are particularly relevant to each company
· Describe the extent to which these SDGs have been addressed (explicitly or implicitly) and the effectiveness of this reporting
Qiv- Assess the apparent quality of the social accounting approach utilized by each company according to Zadek et al.’s (1997) criteria. Responses should:
· Provide some brief commentary on the extent to which each of the companies does or does not meet the eight criteria identified by Zadek et al (1997) as the key principles of quality of social reporting, as outlined on P. 216 (Crane & Matten, 2010).
· Identify which key principles are met (and how they are met) by each company’s social reporting
· Identify which principles have not been met
Qv – Discuss the extent to which the social reports reflect the values of your selected companies. Responses should:
· Identify each company’s values (including their Mission Statement, Values, Business Principles etc.) as stated on their websites, reports or in other company documentation
· Critically analyse each company’s social reports in terms of the extent to which their stated values align (or do not align) with their approaches to social responsibility and sustainability (based on the evidence in the reports)
Qvi – Briefly reflect on your groups’ discussions of these companies. In what ways did the ideas presented by your group confirm your own conclusions or present another perspective to you? Responses should:
· Reflect on the group discussions about the social reporting of the two companies selected
· Identify key points of agreement and disagreement with other group members
· Discuss how the different perspectives provided by group members contributed to your own consideration of the performance of these companies
Presentation (expression, structure, referencing, organisation, word count – not including cover sheet and references etc.)
Part B – Application of GVV Framework
In this group task you will work with the same group members as for Assessment 2 – Part A. This task requires your group to consider an ethical dilemma that emerges at a workplace of your choosing. This workplace may be based on one of the companies analysed in Assessment 2 – Part A, another workplace or company with which you are familiar or a fictional workplace developed by your group. As a group, you are required to:
1. Write a fictional scenario that describes the emergence an ethical/moral dilemma for stakeholders in a workplace of your choosing;
2. Develop a script in which the central character in this scenario applies the Giving Voice to Values framework to the give voice to his/her values;
3. Present your script to the class as a role play.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.