I Am a Man: Chief Standing Bear’s Journey for Justice by Joe Starita ISBN-13:
Enrique’s Journey by Sonia Nazario ISBN-10: 0812971787 ISBN-13: 978-081297178
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown ISBN-10: 0805010459 ISBN-13: 978-0805010459
Black Elk Speaks by John Newhart ISBN‐10:1438425406 ISBN‐13:978-1438425405
Hiroshima by John Hersey http://archive.org/details/hiroshima035082mbp
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair http://www.onlineliterature.com/upton_sinclair/jungle/
Review Instructions (.doc will upload properly; .docx does not always work)
Note: This assignment is for a book review, not simply a book report.
You will be expected to analyze and critique the book in addition to describing the content.
Be sure to look at the rubric accompanying these instructions before you start writing and be certain that you have met all the requirements of the rubric before submitting your paper. The rubric is listed below, however, grammar and spelling errors will be deducted from the grade.
The following are the general requirements for the review:
First, you must read the book.
Locate at least 2 other reviews of the book.
The paper will be worth a total of 100 points.
The paper must be at least 1400 words and contain at least 3 but no more than 5 quotations.
Please include your Works Cited page at the end of your paper. The title page and Works Cited page do NOT count toward the 1400 word minimum. You may use MLA, APA or Chicago style formatting.
The paper must be proofread !! Over 30% plagiarism will result in an F IN THE COURSE The following are general ideas for organizing your paper:
1. Introduction (10 pts.) First identify the name and author of the book, identify the type of book, and describe the overall theme of the book. The first sentence should grab the reader’s attention.Last sentence of the Introduction should explain goal/purpose of the paper.
2. Overview (30 pts.) Summarize the book, explaining the main points. This should be in past tense.
3. Review of the book (50 pts.) This is the majorsection of the paper. Be sure to describe how the book affected you. Tell the reader if you liked the book or not. Be specific: Does the book leave out something it should have included? Would you recommend this book to someone else? What did you learn from the book? These are some of the questions you should consider. Other items to consider include why the author included certain items or omitted other items. Did you like the style in which the book was written? Include an explanation of how the book relates to this course, identifying specific course themes that relate to your reading. This should be in past tense. Compare your comments to those of the two outside reviewers.
4. Conclusion (10 pts.) Present a summary of your paper and add any final thoughts.
AFTER READING YOUR PAPER, THE READER SHOULD BE ABLE TO: —Know the author’s name and book name. —be able to identify your thesis sentence at the end of the first paragraph. —Have a general overview of the story. —Know your thoughts on the questions listed in the review. —understand your conclusion as a brief restatement of the thesis as well as concluding and supporting information. It is your responsibility to ensure your paper has proper spacing and is 5 pages long.
IF YOUR PAPER IS LESS THAN 1400 WORDS, IT WILL EARN A ZERO. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROOFREAD YOUR PAPER NUMEROUS TIMES. IF YOUR PAPER CANNOT BE READ OR UNDERSTOOD, IT WILL EARN A ZERO.
1. PROOFREAD AND REVISE YOUR PAPER OUT LOUD NUMEROUS TIMES…HAVE ANOTHER PERSON PROOFREAD YOUR WORK…UTILIZE THE WRITING CENTER TO HELP REVISE YOUR PAPER.
2. YOU MUST TURN YOUR PAPER INTO THE ASSIGNMENT LINK!!!!!!!! Failure to submit your paper into Turnitin.com will result in a ZERO.
3. If your paper is over 30% plagiarized (ACCORDING TO YOUR ORIGINALITY REPORT – SUBMIT EARLY TO ENSURE THERE IS NO PLAGIARISM), you will receive a ZERO. You are allowed to submit your paper more than one time until the due date.
4. ABSOLUTELY NO LATE PAPERS! Papers can be submitted at any time before the due date.
5. Students are encouraged to submit papers early in order to avoid unexpected emergencies and unexpected problems. DO NOT OFFER EXCUSES! Computer problems are not an acceptable excuse! DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT OFFERING AN EXCUSE FOR FAILURE TO TURN IN THE PAPER ON TIME AS IT WILL BE COMPLETELY IGNORED AND DISREGARDED.
6. Avoid using informal language. This is a college paper and should be written for a college audience. Do not write this paper as if you were speaking to a classmate.
7. ABSOLUTELY NO misspelled words.
8. Begin sentences with capitals and end with proper punctuation.
9. Use punctuation correctly.
10. Use capitalization correctly.
11. Indent paragraphs.
12. Use proper noun-verb agreement.
13. Make sure sentences are complete and make sense.
14. Do not use run-on sentences nor sentence fragments/incomplete sentences.
15. Review rules on commas and semi-colons.
16. Vary the wording…avoid using words repetitiously.
17. Vary the beginning of sentences…avoid “The author said…The author did…The theme was…”
18. Do not begin sentences with: But, So, And, Because
19. Do not use contractions.
21. Proper Spacing: a. 1” Margins b. Font Size – Times New Roman 12pt; Courier 12pt; or Arial 11pt c. No extra spacing before or after paragraphs
22. Put a Header on the paper with your name, course #, page number
23. Put a Title on the paper.
24. Make sure that your paper includes an Introductory Paragraph and a Concluding Paragraph.
25. The first sentence of the Introductory Paragraph should grab the reader’s attention.
26. The last sentence of the Introductory Paragraph should explain the goal or purpose of the paper.
27. The concluding paragraph should sum up the paper and add any final thoughts.
28. Avoid writing in first and second person as much as possible. I realize this is an opinion paper, so get creative and vary your wording. The review section is the only area that first person is acceptable.
29. Avoid using questions in the paper. Phrase them as statements.
30. Write the paper in past tense.
31. COMPUTER PROBLEMS, TURNITIN.COM PROBLEMS, POWER OUTAGE PROBLEMS ARE NOT AN ACCEPTABLE EXCUSE FOR A LATE PAPER. SUBMIT EARLY!!! BEST ADVICE: BEGIN YOUR PAPER EARLY! DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.