Deliverable 07 Worksheet
You are currently working at NCLEX Memorial Hospital in the Infectious Diseases Unit. Over the past few days, you have noticed an increase in patients admitted with a particular infectious disease. You believe that the ages of these patients play a critical role in the method used to treat the patients. You decide to speak to your manager, and together you work to use statistical analysis to look more closely at the ages of these patients.
You do some research and put together a spreadsheet of the data that contains the following information:
● Client number
● Infection disease status
● Age of the patient
You need the preliminary findings immediately so that you can start treating these patients. So, let’s get to work!
Background information on the Data:
The data set consists of 60 patients that have the infectious disease with ages ranging from 35 years of age to 76 years of age for NCLEX Memorial Hospital.
1) Answer the questions below in a PowerPoint presentation.
2) Include only the summary calculations in your slides (not formulas).
3) Show calculations in your Excel spreadsheet (include formulas and do not round the numbers).
● Slide 1: Title
● Introduce your scenario and data set.
○ Slide 2: Provide a brief overview of the scenario you are given above and the data set that you will be analyzing.
o Slide 3: Classify the variables in your data set.
▪ Which variables are quantitative/qualitative?
▪ Which variables are discrete/continuous?
▪ Describe the level of measurement for each variable included in the data set (nominal, ordinal, interval, ratio)
● Discuss the importance of the Measures of Center and the Measures of Variation.
o Slide 4: What are the measures of center and why are they important?
o Slide 5: What are the measures of variation and why are they important?
● Slide 6: Calculate the measures of center and measures of variation. Interpret your results in context of the scenario.
o Standard deviation
4. Slide 7: Discuss the importance of constructing confidence intervals for the population mean by answering these questions:
o What are confidence intervals?
o What is a point estimate?
o What is the best point estimate for the population mean? Explain.
o Why do we need confidence intervals?
5. Slide 8: Construct a 95% confidence interval for the population mean. Assume that your data is normally distributed and σ is unknown. Include a statement that correctly interprets the confidence interval in context of the scenario.
6. Perform the following hypothesis test:
o Original Claim: The average age of all patients admitted to the hospital with infectious diseases is less than 65 years of age.
▪ Test the claim using α = 0.05 and assume your data is normally distributed and σ is unknown.
o Answer the following:
1. Slide 9: Write the null and alternative hypothesis symbolically and identify which hypothesis is the claim.
2. Slide 9: Is the test two-tailed, left-tailed, or right-tailed? Explain.
3. Slide 10: Which test statistic will you use for your hypothesis test; z-test or t-test? Explain.
4. Slide 10: What is the value of the test-statistic? What is the p-value? What is the critical value?
5. Slide 11: What is your decision; reject the null hypothesis, or do not reject the null hypothesis?
a. Explain why you made your decision, including the results for your p-value and the critical value.
6. Slide 11: State the final conclusion in nontechnical terms.
7. Slide 12: Conclude by recapping your ideas by summarizing the information presented in context of the scenario.
o Include the mean, standard deviation, confidence interval with interpretation, and results of the hypothesis test.
o What conclusions, if any, do you believe you can draw as a result of your study?
o What did you learn from the project about the population based on this sample? What did you learn about the specific statistical tests you conducted?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.