WiLD WooD Apartments 3-2
The managers at Wild Wood Apartments are anxious to see some progress on their database. They have answered your questions and now want to see some results. They really want the new database to be in place before the beginning of the new fiscal year in July. It is time to design the database.
1. Review all the requirements and business rules.
2. Define your entities and attributes and the relations that
Exist between them.
3. Create a logical model using crow’s feet notation in Visio or hand draw it on graph paper if you prefer.
4. Add all the entities and their attributes. You don’t need to worry about data types for now.
5. Identify the key fields for each entity and the foreign keys.
6. Analyze the diagram. Identify which role (i.e., domain, linking, lookup, or weak) each entity plays in your database.
7. Have another student or a group review it for the following:
a. Are all the major components of the Wildwood Apartments business model represented by domain entities?
b. Does each entity contain the appropriate attributes to fully describe it and meet the business rules you have gathered so far?
c. Does every entity have an appropriate primary key defined?
d. Are all many-to-many relationships resolved into one-to-many relationships by linking tables?
e. Are the relationships valid (no cross relationships)? Is the appropriate entity is defined as the one side of a one-to-many relationship? Do the tables have appro- priate foreign keys? Also check for other such issues.
f. Are lookup tables used for attributes that have a set list of values?
8. Documentation: Be sure to store your ERDs in your database notebook.
4-1 Scenario Activity: Database Design——–Please see below
Based on your selected scenario from Hands-On Database, complete the “To Do” activities described at the end of Chapters 6 and 7 of the textbook. Your response should be submitted as a Word document.
Wild Wood Apartments Chapter 6
You have completed the designs for the apartment management database. You reviewed it and all the business rules with the owners, and they are eager to proceed. Now you need to take your design and translate it into an actual database. Once you have done that, you know that you will need to enter data to test the database, to make sure it does, in fact, store all the required data.
1. Review your diagram for the database, making sure that the design is complete and normalized.
2. Create the database in SQL Server.
3. Create the tables in the new database, selecting appropriate data types for the columns, setting a primary key for each table, and setting allow nulls as appropriate.
4. Create a database diagram, and create the relationships among tables.
5. Add some sample data to each table.
6. Documentation: Make a data dictionary that lists each table, all the columns for that table, and the data types for each column.
The citation provided is a guideline. Please check each citation for accuracy before use.
Now that the basic database is in place, the Wild Wood Apartments managers are eager to see the database in action and see if it meets all their needs and requirements. It is time to look at the business rules and test them with some SQL. Look at the business rules you developed previously, and design some SQL queries to test them. Documentation: Set up a test plan. List the rule, the SQL you wrote, and the results. Also note whether the database passes or fails the test. Your queries should include the following:
• Two or three simple SELECTs with various WHERE criteria.
• Two or three queries using aggregate functions.
• At least two queries that use joins. • Two or three INSERT statements.
•One or two UPDATEs and/or a DELETE.
Based on your selected scenario from Hands-On Database, complete the “To Do” activities described at the end of Chapter 8 of the textbook. Your response should be submitted as a Word document.
WiLD WooD APArTmenTS
The apartment managers at Wild Wood like what you have done so far, but as the database takes shape, they have begun to worry about security. The tenant information should not be accessible to just anyone. And they would like to keep the financial information internal, and not let outsiders or other companies see the details of their operation.
1. Create tables of the data access needs of your users.
2. Create a security plan that includes authentication and authorization and general policies and procedures. Consider the use of roles, stored procedures, views, and other tools.
3. Documentation: Document and define all the aspects of your plan.
4. Create a preliminary threat analysis.
5. Make a preliminary disaster management plan.
6. Create a view of the data that is tailored to the needs of one of your uses.
7. For extra credit, create a stored procedure that executes one of the basic activities for your database (making a rent payment, for instance, or a maintenance request).
I have included 4 different scenarios that I need to be completed as soon as possible. I have also included an attachment of the scenario for you to read. Based on the information that you have, you should be able to completed the scenarios without issue. The person that finish this without issues, I will pay a bonus on top of my budget. ABSOLUTELY NO PLAGARISM !!!!
PEASE READ THE ATTACHMENT FOR WILD WOOD APARTMENTS
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.