PART I: SHORT ESSAY
Directions: Please answer the following shot essay questions. Each question should have a 1 to 3 page response that addresses the questions. Remember to support your work with APA references and in-text citations. Please use proper APA format. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise APA guidelines.
1. Briefly discuss what is meant by moral “virtues” and “vices,” incorporating specific examples of each into your response.
2. Briefly describe Aristotle’s concept of the “Golden Mean,” providing at least one example of how it might be used to identify virtue in a particular scenario.
3. Illustrating your answer where appropriate, briefly discuss the approach to justice emphasized by an ethic of care and how it might differ from conventional approaches to justice.
4. Describe the difference between moral virtue and moral vice. As you think about criminal justice professionals (e.g., police officers, probation/parole officers, lawyers) list the five characteristics that you would argue are most typical of these kinds of professionals. Are these characteristics virtues or vices? Finally, list five characteristics that you feel would be ideal or desirable for such professionals to embody.
5. Explain two requirements of living the “Examined Life.” Give examples of each.
6. As the ethic of care requires us to consider situational factors before making decisions, what types of situational factors might be important in determining whether an arrest needs to be made in the following cases; solicitation of prostitution, possession of small quantities of illicit substances, a simple assault stemming from a drunken verbal confrontation at a bar, public intoxication, loitering.
PART II: CASE STUDY
Review the following videos that you viewed in the Lecture Notes.
• MacLeod, M. (n.d.) Aileen Wournos: Killer Who Preyed on Truck Drivers. Crime Library, Criminal Minds and Methods. Retrieved February 15, 2013, via http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/women/wuornos/1.html
• View YouTube video “Aileen Wuornos: Life and Death of a Serial Killer (Full Documentary)” (01:29:45 minutes). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trty0OObpK8
Complete the following tasks:
Watch the video and read the biography of Aileen Wournos (note there are 14 chapters to her story) on the website. Based on your research and the information contained in these videos, write a case study/research paper being sure to address the following questions and include additional information you feel is relevant and will add value to your submission. Remember to include correct APA format with a cover page, reference page, and in text citations. You should also utilize the LIRN Library through AAU for peer reviewed journal articles related to this topic. Your case study/research paper should be at least 3 pages in length.
1. Summarize the events that took place in Aileen’s life, both in her life of a serial killer and her life as a victim.
2. What ethical and moral implications does the life of Aileen Wournos have for the criminal justice system?
3. Using an example from juvenile justice (e.g., teenage prostitution) explore how a virtuous or vicious character can give rise to “good” intentions, “right” actions, and “good” consequences. How does this translate to Aileen Wournos?
4. How did Aileen’s prostitution contribute to her first killing and those that followed?
5. Do you believe Aileen was turned into a “monster” by those that victimized her or do you believe she was just a bad person all along? Thoughts?
6. Any additional thoughts on the topic of this crime ethically motivated by her tremendous anger for her victimizations she had suffered and the perceived need to provide for the only person who ever truly loved her?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.