Review and Selection of a Standardized Test
In Unit 1, you read “The Concerns of the Profession” on pages 66–68 of your Psychological Testing and Assessment text as well as the Code. While the Code addresses the roles of test developers and test users separately, you will be following the standards for test users and, specifically, the section on selecting tests (refer page 5). There are nine elements to consider when selecting a test. You will focus on the following four of these elements for this assignment. (See below).
1. Define the purpose for testing, the content and skills to be tested, and the intended test takers. Select and use the most appropriate test based on a thorough review of available information.
2. Review and select tests based on the appropriateness of test content, skills tested, and content coverage for the intended purpose of testing.
3. Review materials provided by test developers and select tests for which clear, accurate, and complete information is provided.
4. Select tests through a process that includes persons with appropriate knowledge, skills, and training.
In your paper:
· Test category adaptive behavior relevant to your academic and professional career goals as a correctional/cognitive BEHAVIOR counselor., Use the following 3 tests for analysis for the assignment:
Adaptive Behavior Assessment System – 3 (ABAS-3) Yes, ABAS-2 WPS
Scales of Independent Behavior – Revised (SIB-R) NO Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales – 3 (VABS-3)* Yes, VABS-II Pearson
· Compare and contrast these three tests according to the Code’s first four elements.
o Access the Capella library and conduct a search. Use the Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY) database from Buros to locate and read a review for each test. Mental Measurements Yearbook is located on the Capella Library’s Database A–Z page.
o Visit the publishers’ Web site for each test to obtain additional information.
o Return to the Capella library to choose a database, for example, PsycINFO, PsycARTICLES, ERIC (education research). Search for journal articles that are relevant to the four elements and each test. (See the PSY7610 Library Search Guide, linked in the Resources, for search advice. An optional worksheet is also provided to you in the resources to facilitate your research and literature review.)
Organize your paper using the following headings (please use these headings):
1. Title page (required).
2. Abstract (optional).
o Identify your particular area of specialization and career goals, and the three tests you will research and review.
4. Element 1. “Define the purpose for testing, the content and skills to be tested, and the intended test takers” (Code, 2004, p. 5, See #1). Describe your findings for all three tests citing references. Use this section to introduce each test and report on each of the three elements: purpose, content and skills, and intended test takers.
5. Element 2. Describe “the appropriateness of test content, skills tested, and content coverage for the intended purpose of testing” (Code, 2004, p. 5, See #2). Describe your findings for each test citing references. Use this section to report on unique comments or research that evaluate any aspects of the appropriateness of each test. There may be a wide range of facets considering appropriateness that may be unique to each particular test under consideration.
6. Element 3. Describe “materials provided by test developers and select tests for which clear, accurate, and complete information is provided” (Code, 2004, p. 5. See #3). Describe your findings for each test, citing references. Use this section to describe either reviews or your evaluation of the materials described in the sources you locate for each test under consideration.
7. Element 4. “Select tests through a process that includes persons with appropriate knowledge, skills, and training” (Code, 2004, p. 5. See #4). Include specific publisher information about test-user qualification (for example, Level A, B, or C; or other classification). Describe your findings for each test, citing references.
8. Compare and contrast.
o Compare and contrast the three tests based on these four elements (that is, 1–4).
o Decide which test will be the focus of your course project, based on your evaluation of the three tests. Explain your choice. All future assignments will be focused only on this one test that you determine here.
9. References (required, use current APA format and style).
You may use the Optional Research Worksheet given in the resources to complete this assignment.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
· References: A minimum of nine references are required for this assignment. These resources may include all of the reference sources identified in your Psychological Testing and Assessment text (pages 29–35), but must include:
o Three Mental Measurements Yearbook test reviews from Buros (one for each test).
o Three test publisher Web sites (one for each test).
o Three journal articles (one for each test).
· Length of paper: A minimum of five pages of content, not including the title page or references (an abstract is not required).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.