Recognize an Ethical Issue
1. Could this decision or situation be damaging to someone or to some group? Does this decision involve a choice between a good and bad alternative, or perhaps between two “goods” or between two “bads”?
2. Is this issue about more than what is legal or what is most efficient? If so, how?
Get the Facts
3. What are the relevant facts of the case? What facts are not known? Can I learn more about the situation? Do I know enough to make a decision?
4. What individuals and groups have an important stake in the outcome? Are some concerns more important? Why?
5. What are the options for acting? Have all the relevant persons and groups been consulted? Have I identified creative options?
Evaluate Alternative Actions
6. Evaluate the options by asking the following questions: n Which option will produce the most good and do the least harm? (The Utilitarian Approach) n Which option best respects the rights of all who have a stake? (The Rights Approach) n Which option treats people equally or proportionately? (The Justice Approach) n Which option best serves the community as a whole, not just some members? (The Common Good Approach) n Which option leads me to act as the sort of person I want to be? (The Virtue Approach)
Make a Decision and Test It
7. Considering all these approaches, which option best addresses the situation?
8. If I told someone I respect—or told a television audience—which option I have chosen, what would they say?
Act and Reflect on the Outcome
9. How can my decision be implemented with the greatest care and attention to the concerns of all stakeholders?
10. How did my decision turn out and what have I learned from this specific situation? Markkula Center for Applied Ethics scu.edu/ethics Copyright ©
Paragraph 1- Introduction/Recognize and Ethical Issue. Describe an ethical issue that you have faced in your clinical practice or as a nurse leader. Describe if this issue is about what is legal or what is most efficient.
Paragraph 2- Get the Facts- What are the relevant facts? What facts are not known? Do I know enough to make a decision? What individuals and groups have an important stake in the outcome? What are the options for acting? Have all relevant persons and groups been consulted?
Paragraphs 3 & 4- Evaluate Alternative Actions- Which option best respects the rights of all who have a stake? (The Rights Approach). Which option treats people equally or proportionately? (The Justice Approach). Which option best serves the community as a whole, not just some members? (The Common Good Approach). Which option leads me to act as the sort of person I want to be? (The Virtue Approach).
Paragraph 5- Make a Decision and Test It- Considering all these approaches, which option best addresses the situation? If I told someone I respect—or told a television audience—which option I have chosen, what would they say?
Paragraph 6-Act- How can my decision be implemented with the greatest care and attention to the concerns of all stakeholders?
Paragraph 7- Reflect on the Outcome- How did my decision turn out and what have I learned from this specific situation?
Paragraph 8- Write a final reflection paragraph for a conclusion addressing how you can use this decision-making framework in your future work as a DNP-prepared nurse. Include implications for future practice or leadership roles.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.