BUS 300 Week 2 Quiz 1 Chapters 1 and 2
1. Evidence of the prominence of public relations includes:
2. Savvy individuals and institutions must recognize the importance
3. In a 2004 study by the search firm Heyman Associates, which of the following was NOT a characteristic of successful PR leaders?
4. Which of the following are among the five actions Professor Melvin Sharpe indicates can “harmonize” relations between individuals and organizations?
5. To effectively communicate with a public, it is important to recognize that
6. Twisting messages to create the impression of performance is
7. If you target “experiencers,” you’re likely using ________ to segment a public.
8. Which of the following distinguishes the R-O-S-I-E formula from other formulae that summarize the PR process?
9. What happened to Don Imus indicates that
10. Public relations consultants for politicians should point out the importance of the uncommitted public because
11. In John Marston’s R-A-C-E process, the key step is
12. The government affairs function of public relations
13. According to Fraser Seitel, which of the following does NOT describe an aspect of the public relations function?
14. Which is NOT a key technical skill a public relations professional should possess?
15. A function related to public relations that includes creating sales literature, meeting displays and promotions is
16. The attitude of business leaders that the “public be damned” ushered in the need for
Known as the ________ they were a group of ________ who tackled the abuses of American industrialists, exposing deplorable and unsafe conditions.
17. Perhaps one reason publicity and press agentry are too often considered synonymous stems from
18. Which of the following are indications of the growth of global democracy, public opinion and capitalism?
19. Some scholars consider ________ the forerunner to today’s White House press secretary because of the duties he performed for Andrew Jackson.
20. Which major trend below is contributing to the evolution of the practice of public relations in the U.S.?
21. Which of the following has made knowledge of and facility with the Internet a front-burner necessity for practitioners?
22. The growth of public relations as an accepted business-like practice in the United States of America stems from
23. American flirtations with public relations techniques began around the founding of the ________ when ________.
24. During World War I and World War II, public relations techniques to help mobilize United States citizens to support war efforts were used by the
26. A conspicuous, but often negative, public relations practice that took hold in the 1880s was
27. Principles developed by Ivy Lee in working with the press on behalf of business included
28. In the 21st century, recognition of the value of knowing what public relations is about comes from
29. Archaeologists inform us that public relations has roots in
30. A principal contribution to the field of public relations made by Ivy Ledbetter Lee was
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.