1) Assume that the risk-free rate is 4.5% and that the expected return on the market is 12%. What is the required rate of return on a stock that has a beta of 0.4?
2) Needham Pharmaceuticals has a profit margin of 3% and an equity multiplier of 1.5. Its sales are $110 million and it has total assets of $58 million. What is its ROE? Round your answer to two decimal places.
3)Assume you are given the following relationships for the Clayton Corporation:
Return on assets (ROA)
Return on equity (ROE)
4) Pearson Brothers recently reported an EBITDA of $6.5 million and net income of $1.95 million. It had $2.275 million of interest expense, and its corporate tax rate was 35%. What was its charge for depreciation and amortization?
5) Suppose you hold a diversified portfolio consisting of a $7,500 investment in each of 20 different common stocks. The portfolio’s beta is 2.15. Now, suppose you sell one of the stocks with a beta of 1.0 for $7,500 and use the proceeds to buy another stock whose beta is 1.95. Calculate your portfolio’s new beta. Round your answer to two decimal places.
6) What will be the nominal rate of return on a perpetual preferred stock with a $100 par value, a stated dividend of 7% of par, and a current market price of
(a) $52, (b) $87, (c) $100, and (d) $136? Round the answers to two decimal places.
7) Thress Industries just paid a dividend of $4.00 a share (i.e., D0 = 4.00). The dividend is expected to grow 5% a year for the next 3 years and then at 14% a year thereafter. What is the expected dividend per share for each of the next 5 years? Round your answers to the nearest cent.
8) The Moore Corporation had operating income (EBIT) of $300,000. The company’s depreciation expense is $90,000. Moore is 100% equity financed, and it faces a 40% tax rate.
a) What is the company’s net income?
b) What is its net cash flow?
9) You just purchased a bond that matures in 5 years. The bond has a face value of $1,000 and has an 8% annual coupon. The bond has a current yield of 8.21%. What is the bond’s yield to maturity? Round your answer to two decimal places.
10) While Mary Corens was a student at the University of Tennessee, she borrowed $12,000 in student loans at an annual interest rate of 8.30%. If Mary repays $1,500 per year, how long (to the nearest year) will it take her to repay the loan?
11) Assume that the average firm in your company’s industry is expected to grow at a constant rate of 7% and that its dividend yield is 8%. Your company is about as risky as the average firm in the industry, but it has just successfully completed some R&D work that leads you to expect that its earnings and dividends will grow at a rate of 50% [D1 = D0(1 + g) = D0(1.50)] this year and 30% the following year, after which growth should return to the 7% industry average. If the last dividend paid (D0) was $2.25, what is the value per share of your firm’s stock? Round your answer to the nearest cent. Do not round your intermediate computations.
12) Wilson Wonders’s bonds have 10 years remaining to maturity. Interest is paid annually, the bonds have a $1,000 par value, and the coupon interest rate is 7%. The bonds sell at a price of $985. What is their yield to maturity? Round your answer to two decimal places.
13) What is the present value of a security that will pay $20,000 in 20 years if securities of equal risk pay 5.2% annually? Round your answer to the nearest cent.
14) You have a $2 million portfolio consisting of a $100,000 investment in each of 20 different stocks. The portfolio has a beta of 1.15. You are considering selling $100,000 worth of one stock with a beta of 1.10 and using the proceeds to purchase another stock with a beta of 1.45. What will the portfolio’s new beta be after these transactions? Round your answer to two decimal places.
15) The current price of a stock is $34, and the annual risk-free rate is 4%. A call option with a strike price of $32 and 1 year until expiration has a current value of $5.80. What is the value of a put option written on the stock with the same exercise price and expiration date as the call option? Round your answer to the nearest cent.
16) Find the present value of $400 due in the future under each of the following conditions. Round your answers to the nearest cent.
A) 4% nominal rate, semiannual compounding, discounted back 5 years
B) 4% nominal rate, quarterly compounding, discounted back 5 years
C) 4% nominal rate, monthly compounding, discounted back 5 years
17) Washington-Pacific invests $2 million to buy a tract of land and plant some young pine trees. The trees can be harvested in 13 years, at which time W-P plans to sell the forest at an expected price of $4 million. What is W-P’s expected rate of return? Round your answer to two decimal places.
18) A Treasury bond that matures in 10 years has a yield of 4%. A 10-year corporate bond has a yield of 10%. Assume that the liquidity premium on the corporate bond is 0.3%. What is the default risk premium on the corporate bond? Round your answer to two decimal places.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.