Week 4: Trends & Issues in Executive Management for Health care Administrators
Trends in Health Care Reimbursement (Volume to Value)
As the health care delivery landscape continues to evolve, how might health care executives address the move from volume to value?
As you have examined thus far in this course, the patient experience and consumer-driven health care greatly impact the success of health care organizations. Health care executives must continually strive to effectively and efficiently deliver high-quality and low cost health care services rather than focusing solely on receiving accolades in terms of patient utilization and satisfaction. This move toward consumer-driven health care then impacts the degree to which health care reimbursements and payments for services are handled in a health care organization. Departures from fee-for-service in favor of fee-for-value provide health executives many opportunities to enhance health care delivery for their patients and consumers.
This week, you explore trends in health care reimbursement that focus on moving from volume to value. You consider how these trends impact health care organizations and decision making for the health care executive.
· Evaluate value-based methodologies for health care organizations
· Analyze executive briefs for value-based care models
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources. To access select media resources, please use the media player below.
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Gehardt, W., Korenda, L., Morris M., & Vadnerkar, G. (2015). The road to value-based care: Your mileage may vary. Westlake, TX: Deloitte University Press.
Hundange, V., Riner, N., Aagard, M., & Riner, R. (2016). Adopting new cardiovascular models to achieve value-based care. Physician Leadership Journal, 3(2), 34-42.
Miller, H. D. (2009). From volume to value: Better ways to pay for health care. Health Affairs, 28(5), 1418-28.
VanLare, J. M., & Conway, P. H. (2012). Value-based purchasing — national programs to move from volume to value. The New England Journal of Medicine,367(4), 292-5.
Volume to Value(2pages)
Moving from volume- to value-based payment methodologies can be challenging due to the cost of implementing them and to the variety of payment structures. The type of value-based program that works for one health care organization may not be the right fit for another. How do you as a health care executive determine the right structure for your organization? What do you need to take into consideration as you look at shifting from traditional payment methodologies to value-based care?
1. For this Discussion, review the resources for this week and reflect on the challenges health care executives might face when transitioning the payment methodology in a health care organization to a value-based model. Consider how the move to a value-based model might impact health care delivery for the health care organization.
By Day 3
2. Post an explanation of how you, as a current or future health care executive, would choose a value-based methodology for the health care organization that you currently work in or one with which you are familiar. Describe the organization’s current payment methodology, and explain your rationale for choosing to move to your chosen model. Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 5
3. WWWContinue the Discussion and respond to two of your colleagues by providing feedback and recommendations regarding their choices of value-based models and rationales for their choices.
Submission and Grading Information
To access your rubric:
Week 4 Discussion Rubric
Post by Day 3 and Respond by Day 5
To participate in this Discussion: Week 4 Discussion
Assignment Part (APA format 7th ed, 2 pages)
Volume to Value: Executive Brief
1. How might health care executives choose a value-based care model for their organization? What would you, as a current or future health care executive, need to consider in making this choice? Are there other leaders within your organization who you would want to involve in making this decision?
2. Questions such as these are critical for your role as a current or future health care executive. Ensuring that your organization makes the best choice of a value-based care model, while informing the board of directors and other departments, is a critical responsibility of your role. Practice in developing executive briefs that may be presented to the board of directors for a health care organization is meaningful in helping guide necessary and sufficient information to enact initiatives for health care delivery.
3. For this Assignment, review the resources for this week. Consider how you, as a current or future health care executive would choose a value-based care model for your health care organization. Reflect on those key points that you would highlight as most critical in an executive brief for your board of directors.
The Assignment: (2 pages)
· Write an executive brief that you would present to the board of directors that highlights your choice of value-based care model. Provide your rationale for choosing this model over others for your organization.
· Be sure to incorporate feedback and recommendations suggested by your colleagues in this week’s Discussion.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
· Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK4Assgn+last name+first initial. (extension)” as the name.
· Click the Week 4 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
· Click the Week 4 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
· Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK4Assgn+last name+first initial. (extension)” and click Open.
· If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
· Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
To access your rubric:
Week 4 Assignment Rubric
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Week 4 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To submit your Assignment: Week Assignment
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.