1. (TCO 9) Which of the following is a major accounting contribution to the managerial decision-making process in evaluating possible courses of action? (Points : 4)
Determine who is responsible for the decision.
Prepare internal reports that review the actual impact of a decision made.
Calculate how much should be invested for each potential project.
Select possible actions that management should consider.
2. (TCO 9) Which one of the following is a true statement about incremental analysis? (Points : 4)
It is another name for capital budgeting.
It is the same as CVP analysis.
It is used primarily for long-term planning.
It focuses on decisions that involve a choice among alternative courses of action.
3. (TCO 9) What is the nature of an opportunity cost? (Points : 4)
It is always variable.
It is a potential benefit.
It is included as part of cost of goods sold.
It is a sunk cost.
4. (TCO 9) A company is deciding whether or not to replace some old equipment with new equipment. Which of the following is not considered in the incremental analysis? (Points : 4)
Annual operating cost of the new equipment
Annual operating cost of the old equipment
Net cost of the new equipment
Book value of the old equipment
5. (TCO 9) It costs Lannon Fields $14 of variable costs and $6 of allocated fixed costs to produce an industrial trash can that sells for $30. A buyer in Mexico offers to purchase 2,000 units at $18 each. Lannon has excess capacity and can handle the additional production. What effect will acceptance of the offer have on net income? (Points : 4)
6. (TCO 9) Hungry Bites produces corn chips. The cost of one batch is below:
Direct Materials $14
Direct Labor 10
Variable Overhead 9
Fixed Overhead 10
An outside supplier has offered to produce the corn chips for $20 per batch. If all fixed costs can be eliminated, how much will Hungry Bites save if it accepts the offer? (Points : 4)
$10 per batch
$13 per batch
$23 per batch
$4 per batch
7. (TCO 9) All of the following are relevant to the sell or process-further decision, except for __________ (Points : 4)
costs incurred beyond the split-off point.
revenues at the split-off point.
costs incurred before the split-off point.
revenues beyond the split-off point.
8. (TCO 8) All of the following are involved in the capital budgeting evaluation process, except for a company’s __________ (Points : 4)
board of directors.
capital budgeting committee.
9. (TCO 8) Capital budgeting is the process __________ (Points : 4)
used in sell or process-further decisions.
of determining how much capital stock to issue.
of making capital-expenditure decisions.
of eliminating unprofitable product lines.
10. (TCO 8) If a payback period for a project is greater than its expected useful life, the __________ (Points : 4)
project will always be profitable.
entire initial investment will not be recovered.
project would only be acceptable if the company’s cost of capital was low.
project’s return will always exceed the company’s cost of capital.
11. (TCO 8) Intangible benefits in capital budgeting __________ (Points : 4)
should be ignored because they are difficult to determine.
include increased quality or employee loyalty.
are not considered because they are usually not relevant to the decision.
have a rate of return in excess of the company’s cost of capital.
12. (TCO 8) The profitability index __________. (Points : 4)
does not take into account the discounted cash flows.
is calculated by dividing total cash flows by the initial investment.
allows comparison of the relative desirability of projects that require differing initial investments.
will never be greater than 1.
13. (TCO 8) A post audit should be performed using __________ (Points : 4)
a different evaluation technique than that used in making the original decision.
the same evaluation technique used in making the original decision.
estimated amounts instead of actual figures.
an independent CPA.
14. (TCO 8) A company has a minimum required rate of return of 9% and is considering investing in a project that costs $50,000 and is expected to generate cash inflows of $20,000 at the end of each year for 3 years. The profitability index for this project is __________ (Points : 4)
15. (TCO 8) The capital-budgeting technique that indicates the profitability of a capital expenditure is the __________ (Points : 4)
profitability index method.
net present value method.
internal rate of return method.
annual rate of return method.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.