1) A firm has a current ratio of 1; in order to improve its liquidity ratios, this firm might ________.
D. improve its collection practices and pay accounts payable, thereby decreasing current liabilities and decreasing the current and quick ratios
2) ________ is a term used to describe the magnification of risk and return introduced through the use of fixed cost financing, such as preferred stock and debt.
A. Financial leverage
C. Fixed payment coverage
D. Operating leverage
3) If a firm expects short term cash surpluses, it can plan ________.
A. short term borrowing
B. leverage decisions
C. short term investments
D. long term investments
4) P/E ratio measures the ________.
A. intrinsic value of the stock to earnings per share
B. market price of the stock to retained earnings
C. market value of the stock to earnings per share
D. book value of the stock to earnings per share
5) Which of the following is a source of cash flows?
A. repurchase of stock
B. increase in accounts payable
C. decrease in notes payable
D. increase in marketable securities
6)________ analysis involves the comparison of different firms’ financial ratios at the same point in time.
B. Cross sectional
C. Time series
7) The depreciable value of an asset, under MACRS, is the ________.
A. current cost minus salvage value
B. the original cost plus installation
C. the original cost plus installation costs, minus salvage value
D. current cost
8) ________ generally reflect(s) the anticipated financial impact of planned long term actions.
A. A cash budget
B. Operating financial plans
C. Strategic financial plans
D. A pro forma income statement
9) The modified DuPont formula relates the firm’s return on total assets (ROA) to its ________.
A. operating leverage multiplier
B. total asset turnover
C. return on equity (ROE)
D. net profit margin
10) An internal forecast is based on ________.
A. the prediction of a firm’s sales over a given period through surveys sent to financial analysts
B. the relationships between a firm’s sales and certain economic indicators
C. a build-up, or consensus, of sales forecasts through a firm’s own sales channels, adjusted for additional factors such as production capabilities
D. developing the pro forma income statement to forecast sales and then express the various income statement items as percentage of projected sales
11) Which of the following is a limitation of ratio analysis?
D. Financial ratios cannot reveal certain specific aspects of a firm’s financial position
12) The best way to adjust for the presence of fixed costs when using the simplified approach for pro forma income statement preparation is ________.
A. to proportionately vary the fixed costs with the change in sales
B. to break the firm’s historical costs into fixed and variable components
C. to disproportionately vary the costs with the change in sales
D. to adjust for projected fixed asset outlays
13) ________ measures the percentage of profit earned on each sales dollar before interest and taxes but after all costs and expenses.
A. Gross profit margin
B. Net profit margin
C. Operating profit margin
D. Earnings available to common shareholders
14) Review Question 3-20 (LO3-6) what three areas of analysis are combined in the modified DuPont formula? Explain how the DuPont formula is used to dissect the firm’s results and isolate their causes.
15) The cash flows from operating activities section of the statement of cash flows includes ________.
A. labor expense
B. dividends paid
C. principal paid
D. proceeds from the sale of fixed assets
16) A firm plans to retire outstanding bonds in the next planning period. Which of the following gets affected?
A. previous year income statement and previous year balance sheet
B. previous year income statement and statement of retained earnings
C. pro forma income statement and pro forma balance sheet
D. pro forma income statement and proxy statement
17) A firm with a low net profit margin can improve its return on total assets by ________.
A. decreasing its fixed asset turnover
B. increasing its total asset turnover
C. decreasing its total asset turnover
D. increasing its debt ratio
18) If an inventory turnover is divided into 365, it becomes a measure of ________.
A. sales turnover
B. the average age of the inventory
C. financial efficiency
D. the average collection period
19) A weakness of the percent of sales method of preparing a pro forma income statement is ________.
A. the assumption that the firm’s past financial condition is an accurate predictor of its future
B. the difficulty faced in calculation and preparation of such statements
D. the assumption that the firm faces linear total revenue and total operating cost functions
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.