(3) An analyst processes one item every 30 minutes, so 16 items are completed in her first day of work. Her manager checks her work by randomly selecting an hour of the day, then reviewing all the items she completed that hour. Does this sampling plan result in a random sample? Simple random sample?
Does this sampling plan result in a random sample?
(A) No, because each item does not have an equal chance of being selected
(B) Yes, because each item has an equal chance of being selected
(C) No, because all possible groups of n items do not have an equal chance of being selected.
(D) Yes, because all possible groups of n items have an equal chance of being selected.
Does the sampling plan result in a simple random sample?
(A) No, because all possible groups of n items do not have an equal chance of being selected.
(B) Yes, because each item has an equal chance of being selected
(C) Yes because all possible groups of n items have an equal chance of being selected
(D) No because each item does not have an equal chance of being selected.
(7) (SHOW WORK) A brand name has an 80% recognition rate. If the owner of te brand wants to verify that rate by beginning with a small sample of 10 randomly selected consumers, find the probability that exactly 8 of 10 consumers recognize the brand name. Also find the probability that the number who recognize the brand name is XXXXX XXXXX
What is the probability that exactly 8 of 10 consumers recognize the brand name?
What is the probability that the number who recognize the brand name is XXXXX XXXXX?
(8) Assume that thermometer readings are normally distributed with a mean of 0 degrees Celsius and a standard deviation of 1 degree Celsius. A thermometer is randomly selected and tested. For the case below, draw a sketch, and find the probability of the reading. Between -1.11 and 1.59
What is the probability of getting a reading between -1.11 and 1.59 degrees Celsius?
(9) (SHOW WORK) Womens heights are normally distributed with a mean 63.2 in and a standard deviation of 2.5 in. A social organization for tall people has a requirement that women must be at least 69 in tall. What percentage of women meet that requirement?
The percentage of women that are taller than 69 in is ?
(10) (SHOW WORK) (A) With n=14 and p=.3, find the binomial probability P(5) by using a binomial probability table. (B) if np is greater than or equal to 5 and nq is less than or equal to 5, also estimate the indicated probability by using the normal distribution as an approximation to the binomial; if np<5 or nq<5 then stat that the normal approximation cannot be used
(a)Find the probability by using a binomail probability table= P(5)=
(b) Select the correct choice below and , if necessary, fill in the answer box to complete your choice
the normal distribution cannot be used
(11) (SHOW WORK) Using the simple random sample of weights of women from a data set, we obtain these sample statistics: n=40 and xbar=142.57 lb. Research from other sources suggests that the population of weights of women has a standard deviation given by o=30.79 lb.
a) Find the best point estimate of the mean weight of all women
b) Find a 99% confidence interval estimate of the mean weight of all women
(12) Find the critical z values. Assume that the normal distribution applies.
Two tailed test; a=.02
(13) Identify the type 1 error and the type II error that correspond to the given hypotheses
The percentage of high school students who graduate is greater than 55%
Type I is?
a) reject the null hypotheses that the percentage of high school students who graduate is equal to 55% when that percentage is actually equal to 55%
b) fail to reject the null hypothesis that the percentage of high school students who graduate is equal to 55% when that percentage is actually greater than 55%
c) Reject the null hypotheses that the percentage of high school students who graduate is greater than 55% when that percentage is actually greater than 55%
d)Fail to reject the null hypotheses that the percentage of high school students who graduate is greater than 55% when the percentage is actually equal to 55%
Type II is? a,b,c,d?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.