2) the increase or decrease in the owner’s equity is reported on the
A statement of owner’s equity
B income statement
C balance sheet
D all of those
13) which of the following would result if the business provided services to a customer collecting?
A cash would increase and revenue would decrease
B since the cash was collected there is no need to record this
C cash would increase and capital would increase
D cash would increase and revenue would increase
17) Accounts payable had a normal starting balance of $600. There were debit posting of $350 and credit posting of $200 during the month. The ending balance is
A $950 credit
B $450 debit
C $450 credit
D $750 debit
19) Given the following list of accounts with normal balances what are the trial balance totals of the debits and credit.
accounts receivable 100
service fees 700
rent expense 300
a $800 debit $800 credit
b $1,200 debit $1,200 credit
c $900 debit $900 credit
d $1,000 debit $1,000 credit
A credit to an asset account was posted to an owner’s equity account this error would cause
a assets were overstated
b owner’s equity was overstated
c liabilities were overstated
d both a and c are correct
25) The journal described as the simplest form is a (an)
a accounting journal
b general journal
c special journal
d interim journal
28) Antonio’s catered a reception. The total price was $1,200. The customer paid $200 cash and charged the remainder. The journal entry to record this transaction is
a cash 200 accounts receivable 200
b cash 200 accounts receivable 1,000 catering service fees 1,200
c cash 1,000 accounts receivable 200 catering service fees 1,200
d accounts receivable 1,200 cash 200 catering service fees 1,000
36) If you had purchased $500 of supplies during the month and at the end of the month you had $300 on hand the adjustment for supplies would be.
46) The adjusting entries are journalized
a whenever time permits
b before preparing financial reports
c before the next accounting period starts
d at the beginning of the accounting period
48) An important purpose of closing entries is to
a set nominal accounts balances to zero to begin the next period
b adjust the accounts in the ledger
c help in preparing financial statement
d set real accounts balances to zero to begin the next period
49) Which of the following accounts will not be closed to income summary at the end of the fiscal year?
a word processing fees
b smith withdrawals
c salaries expense
d supplies expense
51) Which of the following accounts ordinarily appears in the post-closing trial balance
a accumulated depreciation
b supplies expense
c fees revenue
d salaries expense
61) A $100 petty cash fund has cash of $14 and valid receipts for $82. The entry to replenish the fund would include a
a credit to cash for $82
b debit to cash short/over for $4
c debit to cash for $82
d debit to petty cash for $86
63) The entry to replenish the petty cash fund debited supplies instead of postage expense this would cause
a expenses to be overstated
b revenues to be understated
c expenses to be understated
d revenues to be overstated
67) The amount of fica-oasdi and fica-medicare taxes an employer must pay is
a equal to the amount withheld from the employee
b not dependent on the amount withheld from the employee
c greater than the amount withheld from the employee
d less than the amount withheld from the employee
68) The payroll register includes sections for recording
a assets liabilities equity revenues and expenses
b gross pay deductions and net pay
c accrued expenses unearned revenues and net pay
d trade accounts receivable and short-term note receivables
71) When calculating the payroll the clerk forgot about the tax ceilings
a suta could be overstated
b fica-oasdi could be overstated
c futa could be overstated
d all of these could be correct
72) The accounting department forgot to estimate the worker’s compensation this will cause
a the net income to be understated
b the liabilities to be overstated
c the assets to be overstated
d the net income to be overstated
81) Jane’s Bakery sold 50 pies at $8.00 each to a charge customer terms 2/10 n/30 which entry is required to record this transaction?
a debit accounts receivable for $400 credit bakery sales for $400
b debit accounts receivable for $392 credit bakery sales for $392
c debit cash for $392 credit bakery sales for $392
d debit accounts receivable for $392 debit sales discount for $8 and credit bakery sales for $400
82) Compass outfitters sold goods for $300 to a charge customer the customer returned for credit $120 worth of goods which entry is required to record the return transaction?
a debit sales returns and allowances $ 120 credit accounts receivable for $180
b debit accounts receivable $ 180 credit sales returns and allowances for $120
c debit sales $180 credit sales returns and allowances $120
d debit sales returns and allowances for $120 credit sales for $180
93) Deluth Corporation has normal gross profit of 40% the current year’s beginning inventory was $2,000 purchases were $ 5,000 and retail sales were $ 6,000 the estimated ending inventory under the gross margin method is
94) Supplies bought on account were returned for credit and recorded with a debit to accounts payable and a credit to merchandise inventory this error would cause
a the period’s net income to be understated
b the period end cost of goods sold to be understated
c the period end cost of goods sold to be overstated
d none of these are correct
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.