1. The development of just-in-time (JIT) methods of production focused on:
increasing sales revenue.
increasing customer service.
reducing operating expenses.
2. For a manufacturing company, which of the following is an example of a period cost rather than a product cost?
Wages of salespersons
Salaries of machine operators
Insurance on factory equipment
Depreciation of factory equipment
3. During 2009, a manufacturing company had the following operating results:
Beginning work-in-process inventory$ 45,000
Beginning finished goods inventory$190,000
Direct materials used in production$308,000
Manufacturing overhead incurred$250,000
Ending work-in-process inventory$ 67,000
Ending finished goods inventory$ 89,000
What is the cost of goods sold for 2009?
4. How would a 5% sales commission paid to sales personnel be classified in a manufacturing company?
Fixed, period cost
Fixed, product cost
Variable, period cost
Variable, product cost
5. 2,000 units were produced and sold.
Sales price per unit$ 800 per unit
Marketing and administrative$400,000 per period
Manufacturing overhead$200,000 per period
Marketing and administrative$50 per unit
Manufacturing overhead$80 per unit
Direct labor$100 per unit
Direct materials$200 per unit
What is the full cost per unit of making and selling the product?
6. Mukwonago Industries has developed two new products, but it has enough plant capacity to introduce only one product during the current year. The following data will assist management in deciding which product should be selected.
Mukwonago’s fixed overhead includes rent and utilities, equipment depreciation, and supervisory salaries. Selling and administrative expenses are not allocated to individual products.
Product LProduct W
Variable overhead ($8/hour)3618
Fixed overhead ($4/hour)189
Estimated selling price per unit$170$100
Actual research and development costs$240,000$175,000
Estimated advertising costs$500,000$350,000
For Mukwonago’s Product L, the unit costs for direct material, machining, and assembly represent: (Points : 4)
7. The following pertains to Clove Co. for the year ending December 31, 2008:
Budgeted contribution margin$600,000
Clove’s margin of safety is:
8. The CJP Company produces 10,000 units of item S10 annually at a total cost of $190,000.
Fixed overhead $70,000
The XYZ Company has offered to supply 10,000 units of S10 per year for $18 per unit. If CJP accepts the offer, $4 per unit of the fixed overhead would be saved. In addition, some of CJP’s facilities could be rented to a third party for $15,000 per year. What are the relevant costs for the “make” alternative?
9. The Chambers Manufacturing Company recorded overhead costs of $14,182 at an activity level of 4,200 machine hours and $8,748 at 2,300 machine hours. The records also indicated that overhead of $9,730 was incurred at 2,600 machine hours. Using the high-low method to estimate the cost equation, determine the variable cost per machine hour.
10. The following information has been gathered for the GHI Manufacturing Company for its fiscal year ending December 31:
Actual manufacturing OC $212,500
Actual direct labor hours 54,900
Actual direct labor costs $445,000
Estimated man. OC $210,000
Estimated direct labor $434,000
Estimated DL hours 56,000
What is the predetermined manufacturing overhead rate per direct labor hour?
11. What is the amount transferred in for Case B?
12. The following information has been gathered for Roswell Machining for its fiscal year ending December 31:
What is the predetermined factory overhead rate per labor hour?
13. Lo-crete produces quick setting concrete mix. Production of 200,000 tons was started in April and 190,000 tons were completed. Material costs were $3,152,000 for the month while conversion costs were $591,000. There was no beginning work-in-process; the ending work-in-process was 70 percent complete. What is the cost of the product that was completed and transferred to finished goods?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.