1. Halen Company’s unadjusted trial balance at December 31, 2010, Included the following accounts. Debit Credit Allowance for doubtful accounts $4,000 Net Sales $1,200,000 Halen Company estimates Its bad debt expense to be 1 and 1/2% of net sales. Determine its bad debt expense for 2010.
2. An analysis and aging of Stuart Corp. accounts receivable at December 31. 2010. disclosed the following. Amounts estimated to be uncollectible $ 180,000 Accounts receivable 1,750,000 Allowance for doubtful accounts (per books) 125,000 What is the net realizable value of Stuart’s receivables at December 31, 2010?
3. Shore Co. provides for doubtful accounts based on 3% of credit sales. The following data are available for 2010. Credit sales during 2010 $2,400,000 Allowance for doubtful accounts 1/1/10 17,000 Collection of accounts written off in prior years (customer credit was reestablished) 8,000 Customer accounts written off as uncollectible during 2010 30,000 What is the balance in the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts at December 31, 2010?
4. At the end of its first year of operations, December 31, 2010, Darden Inc. reported the following information. Accounts receivable, net of allowance for doubtful accounts $950,000 Customer accounts written off as uncollectible during 2010 24,000 Bad debt expense for 2010 84,000 What should be the balance in accounts receivable at December 31, 2010, before subtracting the allowance for doubtful accounts?
5. The following accounts were taken from Bullock Inc.’s trial balance at December 31, 2010. Debit Credit Net credit sales $750,000 Allowance for doubtful accounts $14,000 Accounts receivable 310,000 If doubtful accounts are 3% of accounts receivable, determine the bad debt expense to be reported for 2010.
Instructions Answer the questions relating to each of the five independent situations are requested.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.